PDA

View Full Version : Wekapo vs air pad

Nanashi
04-28-2020, 19:37
Hey guys. I just got a wekapo air lounger and am curious if anyone has used one on a multiday hike in place of a traditional air pad/sleeping pad. Will it stand up to the elements? Is the comfort worth the weight? I have a klymit ozone coming in but i am very curious about this thing as sleeping flat has been known to cause me arm pain.

Leo L.
04-29-2020, 03:09
Sounds funny to carry such a monster thing on the trail.
Did you try out how it fits into your tent?

JNI64
04-29-2020, 06:48
Perhaps with a tarp set up.

Leo L.
04-29-2020, 07:25
On the bright side, you could setup in any depression that will become a puddle in a downpour.

nsherry61
04-29-2020, 09:43
They're super comfy to lounge in, but I don't know about comfort for all night sleeping in them. Also, I don't know how well they will hold their air over a whole night. I'd sure experiment a few nights at home if you haven't already. I think they could be quite fun if they work. But, I think that's a pretty big "if".

Good luck.

Nanashi
05-01-2020, 16:36
waiting for a sunny day to set the tent up and see. Its been raining since I got it but that's deff a factor. It rolls up into a long, about 24in, tube that could fit along the side of a pack. I think its about 3 to 4 lbs so it is a heavy price to pay even if it does fit ok in a pack.

Nanashi
05-01-2020, 16:38
"They're super comfy to lounge in, but I don't know about comfort for all night sleeping in them. Also, I don't know how well they will hold their air over a whole night. I'd sure experiment a few nights at home if you haven't already. I think they could be quite fun if they work. But, I think that's a pretty big "if".

Good luck. "

for sure lol. I haven't tested it overnight yet. I definitely wouldn't bank on it but still am pretty curious. Got my new sleeping pad and bag today. I may test those out first ;)

nsherry61
05-02-2020, 11:32
. . . Got my new sleeping pad and bag today. I may test those out first ;)
Heck, set the Wekapo up in your bedroom and just try sleeping on it. You don't need to be outside to do that. Also, even if it is comfortable and holds air all night, it will have zero insulation, so it is likely to be cold if the night drops below 70 degrees or so.