PDA

View Full Version : New I-3 road map

Glenn
03-15-2006, 16:49
Here is the link to maps which show you the possible path of the new highway through Ga, Nc, and Tn. http://www.stopi-3.org/maps/index.html

halibut15
03-15-2006, 20:42
Glenn, that's terrible. Looks like any option they choose would have terrible impacts on the mtns, especially for GA. Thank goodness the Stop I-3 movement is gaining some momentum.
You wouldn't happen to be the Glenn I met around Tray Mtn. this past fall, would you? I remember my group meeting the ridgerunner at the time named Glenn. :-?

Mother Nature
03-15-2006, 21:34
:mad: If this road uses Hwy 17 near Hwy 255 as shown on slide 48 and 59, it will be about 3 miles from my front door.

I moved from the Atlanta area to a remote mountain area after a piece of NFS access road was sold and turned into a $$$$$ subdivision.

I guess you aren't "safe" any where.

Hope this road can be shot down. My neighbors in this sleepy quiet farming community are furious.

Mother Nature

Glenn
03-16-2006, 10:42
I am not the ridgerunner Glenn. You'd most likely see me at Unicoi gap. I live in Gainesville.

LuTotten
03-16-2006, 11:04
I live in the Duluth area, if anyone wants to help heres the link to get petitions. I haven't been able to find an online one yet.

http://www.stopi3.org/petition_intro.html

halibut15
03-16-2006, 12:14
Dang it, thought I'd hit on a crazy coincidence. Nice to meet another Glenn, though. :banana

Rain Man
03-16-2006, 13:05
As a native of the region, the idea of running an Interstate Highway through Walhalla, SC and northward just turns my stomach. The same for north Georgia.

I guess some politicians and road-builders are just so incredibly greedy that as long as they pocket some money, cutting forests and leveling mountains for the sake of faux-commerce doesn't affect their souls.

I travel from Tennessee to South Carolina all the time and there is no need for another highway. I pray that some day the Chamber-of-Commerce philosophy of "bigger is always better" will be seen for what it is -- a self-aggrandizing, dead-end "road" for humanity.

Rain Man