PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Fox Inn - Damascus, VA

dje97001
03-15-2006, 18:59
I saw the recommendations to check Lazy Fox Inn but no one listed costs. Do they have a website? Thanks.

Almost There
03-15-2006, 19:09
As of November the cost was $65 dollars for the rooms upstairs. $75 for the room downstairs. Not bad considering if you have another person to room with and the awesome breakfast. Keep in mind she doesn't take credit cards...only checks or cash. Make sure you specify if you need a room with more than one bed. I believe two of the rooms...one upstairs and the downstairs one are queen or king beds.

Trust me two people $33 bucks a piece for the room and breakfast...you would easily spend ten bucks in a restaurant for the breakfast Ginny serves!!!

No website....have to call her. The young lady is in her eighties!!!

dje97001
03-15-2006, 19:31
Hey thanks for the quick response. $33 each doesn't sound bad at all. Maybe it is just because I'm hungry, but every post on this place has raved about her breakfasts--that about does it for me!

Disney
03-15-2006, 20:49
It's an awesome place. Figure a breakfast like the one you're going to eat would cost you 10-15 dollars. Take a minute to walk behind the house, the stream is just gorgeous.

The Solemates
03-16-2006, 10:54
easily the best place to stay in damascus. its awesome!

kyhipo
03-16-2006, 11:35
good people spoke to them several times nice place too,ky

Local
03-21-2006, 09:28
Ginny will be getting a website during the next few weeks. I'll post it in the "general" forum on whiteblaze when she gets it up and running.

For those of you who have stayed there, or are considering it, here's a bit of cultural background, a poem written by Ginny's husband, of blessed memory:

http://www.damascus.org/adams2.html

Hum. Maybe I will post this poem on the general forum too.

excuse_me_please
07-05-2006, 00:03
www.lazyfoxinn.com

Rooms are $65 with a shared bath and $75 with a private bath.

And that's a $25 breakfast Miz Ginny serves, if you could find it anywhere else--definitely the best breakfast on the trail. She stays up late and gets up early to get it ready and her son comes by in the morning to help fix and serve it.

moondoggy
09-23-2006, 23:10
My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Lazy Fox prior to our hike last week.....We loved the place. Miz Ginny is a gracious host, and the breakfast is awesome.
We loved the place, and her, so much we went right there after we finished our five days out and asked if we could stay one more night....
she took us in even though her family was preparing for a weekend wedding.
At breakfast the next morning, she started telling stories, we laughed 'til we had tears running down our faces...
The rooms are great, the breakfast is awesome...but this wonderful lady is reason enough to stay there..