PDA

View Full Version : 3rd try...time is approaching and my thanks to all.. 3rd try!!!!

DavidNH
03-16-2006, 22:47
Well..I have tried twice to post to everyone about my impending hike. Both times I lost the post with message that I was logged out even though I was logged in..how else could I have gotten into the forums without being logged in? Its really aggravating..and I have now wasted over an hour because of this. I will cut and paste this time so I don’t lose post again!!!!
My time is fast approaching for my AT thru hike.
I am unemployed as of Yesterday (YAHOO!).
Monday I fly down to Atlanta and stay at the hiker hostel in Dahlonga.
Tuesday its off to Amicolola Falls State Park and hike the approach trail to Springer.
Wednesday I begin my thru hike of the AT and, God willing, hope to reach the top of Mt Katahdin sometime in mid to late September, hopefully at peak foliage!
I am not one out to keep up with folks or set milage records. I am out there to enjoy myself, experience all I can, and be a part of the comradery. A 12 mile per day average over the length of the trail...longer in spots, shorter in others as mood and conditions dictate, will suite me just fine.
I want to thank White Blaze members for putting up with my numerous questions and for the very valuable feedback I have received. A special thank you to Jack Tarlin (AKA Baltimore Jack) for his contributions to the site and his extensive help via email to me and other thru hikers to be. Jack, despite what some may say, you always maintain civility in your posts. Others would do well to learn from your example.
I had so much more to say. But this being the third try to get this post out I am about done.
I am shutting down my home internet service tomorrow so this will be my last post for a while. Hopefully I can pop in now and then from trail towns. Still no trail name here. That will have to wait for the trail.

My best to all,
DavidNH

Whistler
03-16-2006, 22:56
The third time's the charm. Have a great time.
-Mark

Skidsteer
03-16-2006, 22:56
Good Luck to you, DavidNH and enjoy.:)