PDA

View Full Version : Mount Washington

thestin
06-18-2020, 12:56
Mount Washington has had a string of very nice days. It's 67 degrees right now, and there is almost no wind. All time record high on Mount Washington is 72.

Gambit McCrae
06-18-2020, 12:58
I saw that this morning. Amazing, hope it continues for a few more weeks!

Astro
06-18-2020, 14:16
I saw that this morning. Amazing, hope it continues for a few more weeks!

Been there three times in June/July and totally different weather each time. Hope you have sunny with clear views. :sun

Slo-go'en
06-18-2020, 14:17
It was pleasant up in that general area yesterday. Just enough breeze to keep the bugs mostly away. I was down to T shirt and shorts, which doesn't happen too often up there.

It's gonna get even hotter the next few days, which increases the chances of afternoon thunderstorms, which are in the forecast for all of next week.

peakbagger
06-18-2020, 14:35
I did my occasional hike up Wildcat today. It was 92 in the parking lot when I got done around noon. The haze was moving in. That is the problem with warm days on Washington is they frequently mean high dew points. Still plenty of snow patches in the ravines, no doubt a few intrepid skiers will be getting runs in.

CalebJ
06-18-2020, 15:14
A friend went up yesterday. I was stunned to see her pictures afterwards with her very comfortable in a t-shirt on top. So different from my experience in March.

KnightErrant
06-18-2020, 17:28
I climbed it Saturday and it was in the 40s at the top, no views, but also very little wind so still tolerable. Did the Twins and Galehead yesterday and I was roasting even in a tank and shorts! I did the Hancocks today and it might have hit 90. (I'm moving away from NH next week and trying to cram in my remaining 4ks, currently 36/48!)

peakbagger
06-18-2020, 17:52
Looks like a tough stretch of weather to get in some long hikes. Best option is hit the trail real early and get the climbing done early.