PDA

View Full Version : Several questions about climbing

lobster
03-17-2006, 23:35
1. Do folks need climbing ropes to get up Katahdin?

2. Any thoughts on the Polish playboy covergirl who will on a guided trip up Everest this summer? Is this trend of dragging rich climbing newbies up these large mountains a good thing?

3. Is it current in climbing circles to leave the faces clear of pitons, ropes, etc. after a climb? Or does this stuff litter and make it far easier for those following to get up difficult climbs becasue they don't have to spend the time putting in protection at hairy points?

Chomp09
03-18-2006, 07:55
You definitely do not need ropes to get up katahdin...

Lobo
03-18-2006, 08:35
No ropes are necessary to climb Katahdin. At tree line (3,500 feet) there are large boulders that require some rock climbing using metal hand holds that are permanently attached to the rock.

Grampie
03-18-2006, 10:20
Looks like Lobster is on another fishing trip.:cool:

MOWGLI
03-18-2006, 10:38
2. Any thoughts on the Polish playboy covergirl who will on a guided trip up Everest this summer? Is this trend of dragging rich climbing newbies up these large mountains a good thing?

Everyone has their price. For $3000 (plus travel expenses) I'd even be willing to drag you to the top of Katahdin and over the knife edge. My fee includes a summit guarantee, although I can provide no similar assurances regarding getting across the knife edge successfully. :eek:

Whaddya say Whiteblazers? Who'll start the collection? :banana

Dances with Mice
03-18-2006, 11:00
Whaddya say Whiteblazers? If you take neo too, I'm in.

MOWGLI
03-18-2006, 11:19
If you take neo too, I'm in.

The morning line in Vegas on the three of us making it across the Knife Edge (alive) is 10,000-1. Who's in?