PDA

View Full Version : My Turn...

Trooper347
03-18-2006, 03:57
A heart-felt Thank You goes out to everyone here at WhiteBlaze.net for all the priceless information, tips, and support I have received since I joined the community. My bus leaves this afternoon for Gainesville, and after a stay tomorrow night in the much recommended Hiker Hostel, I expect to start the approach trail Monday morning, rain or shine. There are a few posters, C. Brice, Dances With Mice, Jack Tarlin, Tiamalle, Attroll, and Sgt. Rock I want to thank for their advice, words of wisdom, and in FishinFred's case, trail magic before I even left Florida.

Class of '06, GA>ME , ME>GA , Section hikers alike, on the trail or yet to start, Best of luck, be safe, I hope to meet some of you along the way.

THANKS TO ALL WHITEBLAZE.NET!!!!!

Cuffs
03-18-2006, 04:22
Way to go Troop! Do you have a trailjournal? I'd like to follow along as I lived in Wesley Chapel, San Antonio and New Tampa for the last 17 years before moving to the Ham... (I miss FL!!)

Good luck!!

Trooper347
03-18-2006, 06:55
Sure do Geohabit, at the bottom of my posts there is a link to it. 31 entries so far of gibbergabber lol. Hopefully I can keep a faithful account of my trip, I will be trying to update the entries at least once a week. I see your class of '07, I hope you have as much fun as I did planning your hike!

dje97001
03-18-2006, 08:21
Allright, best of luck! You'll be a couple of weeks ahead of us, so we'll follow you north. :D

neo
03-18-2006, 09:31
happy hiking and hammock hanging to ya trooper:cool: neo

Trooper347
03-18-2006, 14:26
Neo, you were supposed to be on that first thank you list as well, but I figured you'd take it for granted with all the hammock ideas you give out:p .

Seriously, thanks to everyone here. I am heading to the station in an hour, just now getting my brother into his wheelchair so he can drive me down there in his van. Be safe, see you out there!

Trooper347
03-27-2006, 17:43
WeeHoo, We've made Hiawassee!!! Cheesewhiz, FDR, Keystone Dave, Red Baron and myself!! Thanks for all the support from everyone, I hope to have my journal updated by tommorow.