PDA

View Full Version : Trail overgrown between Vandeventer and Iron Mountain

blazercoach
08-03-2020, 11:45
Just came off in Damascus a few days ago. I'll post this is an few places and look for where the best folks to let know can be found.

The trail between Vandeventer and Iron Mountain shelters north of Hampton, TN is virtually overgrown. If no maintenance has been done on it in the past week, it might be lost in some places. Please get this message to the good folks who can do something about it! Thanks!

Tennessee Viking
08-03-2020, 13:19
I know the individuals that maintain that section.

That is a remote Wilderness section...and COVID along with summer humidity and heat is a hard combination of factors. It usually takes a team a few work trips to clear out that section. On top of that, they are only allowed to use hand tools in the Wilderness.

Slo-go'en
08-03-2020, 19:15
Was it overgrown with tree branches poking you in the eye or just grassy and thorny seasonal growth? If seasonal growth, it needs a weed whacker, but being in a wilderness area it would have to be done with a swizzle stick and that is a lot of work. Not likely to happen.

illabelle
08-04-2020, 08:24
Was it overgrown with tree branches poking you in the eye or just grassy and thorny seasonal growth? If seasonal growth, it needs a weed whacker, but being in a wilderness area it would have to be done with a swizzle stick and that is a lot of work. Not likely to happen.
We had a swing blade when I was a kid. Never heard that term used, "swizzle stick." But yeah, that's a lot of effort.

Tennessee Viking
08-04-2020, 15:01
Got it communicated.