PDA

View Full Version : Fontana Village Reopened

TNhiker
08-26-2020, 03:03
don't think i have seen it posted but fontana village reopened earlier this month.....

JC13
08-26-2020, 10:00
don't think i have seen it posted but fontana village reopened earlier this month.....Appreciate the info, headed through there in November.

Longboysfan
08-27-2020, 11:37
It was closed when I went through a few months back. Nice to see it re-opened - but at the end of the season?

Bianchi Veloce
08-27-2020, 14:35
It was closed when I went through a few months back. Nice to see it re-opened - but at the end of the season?

Just in time for the Fall Color season tourists.

HooKooDooKu
08-27-2020, 14:58
Just in time for the Fall Color season tourists.
Yeah, October is a busy time in the Smokies...

There used to be these things called AAA Tour Guide books (back in the days BEFORE the internet).
Each book would cover a general area, and it would list the various AAA approved hotels in the area and list price ranges for the hotel across different "seasons" for the hotel.
The book that included Gatlinburg basically listed "October" as a season, and the prices were usually the highest during that season compared to any other time of the year.

TNhiker
08-27-2020, 21:49
and I believe they stay open year round.........

i have never stayed back in there----but i doubt they close during the slow(er) time....

Skyline
09-04-2020, 14:36
Has it been opened by the same ownership/management, or someone new? If memory serves, the resort closed in the spring, and they said they were basically giving up, presumably for financial reasons. Undoubtedly somewhat related to Covid-19 but it sounded permanent.