PDA

View Full Version : Belly sleeping with hammock?

tlbj6142
02-19-2003, 18:45
Most of the hammock reviews mention that you are "almost flat" (whatever that means). Do you think I could sleep my stomach in a hammock?

If so, are they wide enough to bring your knee up to the side (assuming I'm just using a quilt and/or unzipped bag)?

Footslogger
02-19-2003, 19:18
Just my experience ...but I would have to say that sleeping absolutely flat on your stomach in a hammock is not feasible. I have the Hennessey and if I lay on an angle, somewhat "across" the hammock I can get away with about a 3/4 flat position. Most often I sleep that way or on my side. The real fun though is on a clear night, when you remove the fly and just lay on your back and enjoy the stars !!

SGT Rock
02-19-2003, 23:24
I sleep on my stomach and side in a bed, but in my hammock I find myself sleeping mostly on my back and some on my side. It is a totally different feel, so don't base how you will sleep in a hammock on how you sleep in a bed, a hammock is better in my experience. I would sleep in a hammock full time except my wife wouldn't appreciate that.

I have slept on my belly, but hated it in a hammock.

Hammock Hanger
02-20-2003, 02:15
I can get 3/4 of the way on my stomach in the hammock but find I sleep more on my side with one leg up and one strretched out in th hammock. A much different feel from a bed. Hard to compare.

I did get on my stomach fully once but that was "uncomfortable". Sue/HH

tlbj6142
02-20-2003, 09:38
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I'll have to find a hammock somewhere and give it a try.