PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Crest Trail

Newb
03-20-2006, 09:19
Anybody heard any news on this?

Last I heard it was supposed to stretch from Alabama to the Finger Lakes region of New York, utilizing the present day Tuscarora trail on the way.
I think it will be very cool to have another North/South trail paralelling the AT.

StarLyte
03-20-2006, 09:38
Really???? That sounds incredibly interesting.....where did you hear this---I'd like more info. :confused:
Thanks for the post-
Marsha

The Solemates
03-20-2006, 09:55

Last I heard it was supposed to stretch from Alabama to the Finger Lakes region of New York, utilizing the present day Tuscarora trail on the way.
I think it will be very cool to have another North/South trail paralelling the AT.

PM mowgli, or wait for him to answer, which im sure he will. not sure about the name on this trail, but he discussed this at the soruck this year.

astrogirl
03-21-2006, 14:19
I've hiked bits of the Tuscarora trail since it's near my home.

I keep meaning to hike the Massanutten all in one go. I've hiked most of it on day hikes and one car camping trip.

Very interested to hear about another eastern trail!

MOWGLI
03-21-2006, 22:01

There is no trail named the Atlantic Crest Trail, HOWEVER, there will soon be an announcement about a long distance trail system like you describe - with a new & different name.

Stay tuned and check your local listings.

the goat
03-22-2006, 09:05
There is no trail named the Atlantic Crest Trail, HOWEVER, there will soon be an announcement about a long distance trail system like you describe - with a new & different name.

Stay tuned and check your local listings.

you're just gonna leave us hangin' like that?:D

MOWGLI
03-22-2006, 18:44
you're just gonna leave us hangin' like that?:D

When the article emerges in American Hiker magazine in a few weeks, I'll create a link to the PDF. Sorry. That's all I can offer right now. :o

Sly
03-22-2006, 19:08
I could see hooking up the Pinhoti Trail, the Cumberland Trail, The Allegeny Trail, The Tuscarora Trail, the AT and the Long Path with the Finger Lake Trail

The Solemates
03-22-2006, 19:25
I could see hooking up the Pinhoti Trail, the Cumberland Trail, The Allegeny Trail, The Tuscarora Trail, the AT and the Long Path with the Finger Lake Trail

dont forget about the pine mtn trail, ky

http://www.americanhiking.org/alliance/map.html

Sly
03-22-2006, 19:32
dont forget about the pine mtn trail, ky

Yup, that would make sense....

Spirit Walker
03-23-2006, 10:29
The Midstate Trail in PA goes almost all the way from the Maryland border to the New York border. They are almost through. The intent is to connect it to the Finger Lakes Trail. At the MD end, it connects with the Greenridge Trail which connects with the C&O which connects with the Tuscarora.