PDA

View Full Version : Gray Blazer

Gray Blazer
03-20-2006, 12:58
Hiker formerly known as Bear Bait II. As soon as I figure out how to change my name on this website, Gray Blazer is my new trail name. Once again I implore youse guys and dolls to join me on Rocky Bald, Nantahalas, NC dis weekend, Mar 25 and 26. We'll be feeding the Thru Hikers ham and eggs (And other goodies, hot coffee, hot choc, etc., etc., etc.). Meet the thru NOBO class of 06. Play some music, meet me and give me an authentic, original trail name! Sell Lone Wolf a slice of bread. Anything, just come!:welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome

Gray Blazer
03-20-2006, 13:26
Am I on everybody's ignore list? Ya'll better come out this weekend.

Doctari
03-20-2006, 17:30
Don't know if I can make it, with gas prices & all, but: How about some directions for those of us not familure with the area? For me, get me from I 75, I'll figure out the rest.

I'm planning a short hike near home, 71 Miles RT to/from trailhead. So, (I think) probably only 4x the distance or so.

Do we need to bring anything?

Either way, have fun!!! If I can't make it, wish I was there!!

Doctari.

Gray Blazer
03-21-2006, 08:47
Don't know if I can make it, with gas prices & all, but: How about some directions for those of us not familure with the area? For me, get me from I 75, I'll figure out the rest.

I'm planning a short hike near home, 71 Miles RT to/from trailhead. So, (I think) probably only 4x the distance or so.

Do we need to bring anything?

Either way, have fun!!! If I can't make it, wish I was there!!

Doctari.

Good Morning, I'm not sure how you would get there from I-75 coming south. You would have to get to Franklin,NC or Wesser, NC. Then follow the directions on the website for parking on the AT @ appalachiantrail.rohland.org/ Click on NC/TN and find and click on section 23 and then click Tellico Gap. Bring snickers bars or whatever you want, or just come. I wasn't planning on taking my 4WD and I hope I won't need it, but, the weather looks like it is deteriorating and it's going to be cold this weekend, at least for this FL boy!:eek:

Gray Blazer
03-21-2006, 15:19
Leaving soon, I'm getting anxious in a good way. Everytime I check the weather forecast it gets lower/colder for this weekend. I'll be back with somes pics for you next week.

Gray Blazer
03-21-2006, 20:59
I'm schizophrenic and so am I . It sucks being on so many ignore lists. I know you're all going to surprise me and show up. See ya!