PDA

View Full Version : Weird even for 2020

JNI64
11-05-2020, 09:36
A group of people, including a man from Idaho falls, was recently busted in Yellowstone National Park while they were cooking a chicken in one of the geothermal hot springs.
Happened in early August, according to the Nate Eaton Idaho News, Park authorities received reports of a group carrying cooking gear towards a hot springs.
Rangers arrived and found the group had two chickens cooking in the hot spring.
The Idaho man was issued a citation for walking in a thermal area, which he pleaded quilty. And was given a $600 fine ,probation and is banned from Yellowstone for two years.

illabelle
11-05-2020, 11:16
That's strange. Kinda resourceful thinking however. No stove required if you're camping in a geothermally active area?

Grampie
11-05-2020, 11:20
A group of people, including a man from Idaho falls, was recently busted in Yellowstone National Park while they were cooking a chicken in one of the geothermal hot springs.
Happened in early August, according to the Nate Eaton Idaho News, Park authorities received reports of a group carrying cooking gear towards a hot springs.
Rangers arrived and found the group had two chickens cooking in the hot spring.
The Idaho man was issued a citation for walking in a thermal area, which he pleaded quilty. And was given a $600 fine ,probation and is banned from Yellowstone for two years.

When I read stuff like this I like to use my favorite Forest Gump quote; " Stupid is as stupid does."

stephanD
11-05-2020, 11:52
$600.00 for chicken soup :mad:

Slo-go'en
11-05-2020, 13:36
While I was out there, some tourist opened their car door and their little poodle ran out and jumped into a hot spring. Hot dog for lunch.

Dogwood
11-05-2020, 13:46
Sounds AT like.

stephanD
11-05-2020, 14:45
I think somebody once said that the infinity of the universe is matched only by the infinite stupidity of the human race. Can't remember who said it.

martinb
11-05-2020, 15:46
a spring chicken trying to put a chicken in the spring.

HankIV
11-05-2020, 19:43
Oh man, oh man, this gives me a great idea!

The ATC could install geothermal heating and cooking device at every shelter! Hot chow, no stoves required.

Fredt4
11-06-2020, 14:55
Oh man, oh man, this gives me a great idea!

The ATC could install geothermal heating and cooking device at every shelter! Hot chow, no stoves required.

Remember it's a non establishment policy or well have solar lights & showers at every shelter, plus fees for staying there.