PDA

View Full Version : Virginia rain

jaywalke
03-21-2006, 17:05
Finally! We got a nice slow, soaking rain this morning in Blacksburg. Six or seven more of these, and we might be back to normal.

The Solemates
03-21-2006, 17:16
was just in blacksburg this past weekend. they were calling for snow today when i was there. i didnt think it would snow.

Mountain Hippie
03-22-2006, 02:54
We had a little rain and some snow flurries earlier today. Right now it is all sleet and freezing rain. The only other recent moisture we have had here was the water and foamy stuff that the helicopters dropped on a brush fire here the weekend before last.
The sleet and freezing rain is quieter.

jaywalke
03-22-2006, 09:52
It snowed at my house the last two nights, but didn't stick. I'll bet the AT got a good dusting up on the ridges.

Blissful
03-22-2006, 13:23
Here near Charlottesville, we got 1/100 inch of precip and there is fire danger warning today from SNP on up to MD border. So that adds up to zippo.

Skeemer
03-22-2006, 18:15
I knew if I returned to the Trail it would rain.

Seriously, just returned from a couple of hundred miles between Marion and Dalesville and it was dry...even saw notices posted the last twenty mile section warning of dried up water sources.

OutbackHack
04-09-2006, 08:24
I'll be starting a hundred mile section NOBO from Blacksburg next week. Hope there's water to be had. Probably end up carrying more water than I usually do in case some of the springs are dry.