PDA

View Full Version : Looking for humorous suggestions

Blister
03-22-2006, 12:18
Well I will be hiking soon. As my hiking partner and I were roaming the isles of BJ's last night. We thought it would be great to come up with a humorous photo theme for the hike. Something like the original traveling gnome that was kidnapped and photo'd all around the world Trainwreck had her Feather Boa, Jester had dirty bunny, Jack has his Jim Beam, chomp used a cut out picture of his girlfriends head. Something light weight of course and funny we can get up the trail with photo ops. I know there are alot of sick minds out there, any suggestions???

Cuffs
03-22-2006, 12:24
I dont have any suggestions for you, as I am looking for something myself, but I wanted to thank you for knowing that the travelling gnome story was real! (no one believes me!)
I lived about 10 miles from where he was "kidnapped" and it was the talk of the town for the whole year!

The Cheat
03-22-2006, 12:34
flat stanley

Midway Sam
03-22-2006, 12:45
A life size cutout of Michael Flatley. It could be made of paper and rolled up or folded for transport.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000K32N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Alligator
03-22-2006, 12:50
How about a little hiking figure (not sure here) with a card deck backpack. Every night you can build the figure a little card house shelter and take photos. Versatile, but needs superior placement in the wind.

jlb2012
03-22-2006, 12:54
an inflated rubber glove included in the photos - be creative with what the glove's fingers are doing

Just Jeff
03-22-2006, 12:56
A life size cutout of Michael Flatley. It could be made of paper and rolled up or folded for transport.

Hrm. That's not funny. That's wrong, and I can't get the image off my retinas. :eek:

Cuffs
03-22-2006, 13:07
Hrm. That's not funny. That's wrong, and I can't get the image off my retinas. :eek:

Some things just cant be un-seen!!!:eek:

Lugnut
03-22-2006, 13:25
Jack himself is probably carrying that talking Ann Colter doll that has been advertised on TV but if he isn't then you could beat him to it. :-? That would frost him! :D

Cuffs
03-22-2006, 14:17
With a name like Blister, I have visions of super-size Bubble Wrap...

Seeker
03-22-2006, 14:49
hmm... my specialty... thinking up weird stuff... ok... here goes...

Poster ideas: take pictures of them enjoying the hike with you...

george bush/james watt...

dr ruth westheimer... (i don't know... it's just kinda surreal...)

osama bin-laden, al capone, hitler, stalin, kim jong-il, castro, or whoever. Sort of like the Evil Bert series...

Dead rock stars (Jimi Hendrix. Janis Joplin. Elvis. Steve ____ from Def Leppard. The guy from AC/DC....

Live rock stars...

The Hilton chick

create 'balloon man'... balloons are going to pop, so use the same shape all the time... you can buy new ones along the way... draw the same face on it every time though, maybe with distinctive hair, eyes, and nose, but with a different mouth to portray his level of happiness at the time (nice day, nice view, happy. rainy day, cold, whatever, unhappy.)

inflate a condom and hold it somewhere funny...

different colored plastic easter eggs... pretend you found them in different places.

barbie/ken/gi joe- pictures of them doing whatever, with a thru-hike theme... bathing, changing clothes, cooking, sleeping, bad hair day, sore feet (blood/ketchup on the feet after a really bad climb), etc.

Cookie Monster/Ernie/Big Bird/spongebob/dora the explorer (now there's a good one!)/blue from blues clues/bob the builder dolls

hope that's enough to get you thinking... i may have to sleep on this one... lots of nightmarish possibilities...

hammock engineer
03-22-2006, 15:06
Great, now there is one more thing I need to decide on and take with me.

mambo_tango
03-22-2006, 15:07
barbie/ken/...

Geez..didn't you know Barbie dumped Ken? He was replaced by some Australian surfer named Blaine......:banana

Seeker
03-22-2006, 16:23
Geez..didn't you know Barbie dumped Ken? He was replaced by some Australian surfer named Blaine......:banana

no... and i have two girls! neither is a 'barbie' freak though...

MtnBikerGuy
03-22-2006, 16:35
How about a MacGyver action figure. Not only funny, but inspiration on how to get yourself out of a jam on the trail.

http://home.comcast.net/~chrismorin/macgyverfig.html

mambo_tango
03-22-2006, 16:36
no... and i have two girls! neither is a 'barbie' freak though...

I was never a barbie freak either but I read it in one of my surfing mags.

Heater
03-22-2006, 16:40
I was thinking about taking one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELUXE-LARGE-RUBBER-CHICKEN-L-K-NEW_W0QQitemZ5677808635QQcategoryZ1467QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.catzisusbooks.com/pics/rubberchick.jpg

Skyline
03-22-2006, 16:51
How about a Judge Judy doll? She could show up at shelters spouting all her Judyisms every night...would make some great captions.

I know someone (um, a male) who went as her one Halloween doing just that. He won a prize at a bar.

Or...how about some lightweight, miniature Ruby Slippers? On those days when things aren't going well, pull them outta your pack and click them together while saying, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." Quite possibly would put everyone in a better mood.

The Cheat
03-22-2006, 17:55
http://www.pacoutdoor.com/2005/index.cfm?action=product&productID=34&groupID=11&familyID=2

Skidsteer
03-22-2006, 18:11
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://thebeaverdam.com/TAB/graphics/AIMBuddyIcons/pic15.gif&imgrefurl=http://thebeaverdam.com/TAB/AIMIcons.html&h=48&w=48&sz=3&tbnid=exnHk1oxeqKfOM:&tbnh=48&tbnw=48&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstump%2Bangry%2Bbeavers%26svnum%3D10% 26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Stump from the "Angry Beavers" This would work on the A.T. but I'm not sure about the P.C.T.

The beauty part is that you wouldn't have to carry anything, just take a picture of every stump you come across.

Sly
03-22-2006, 18:19
Beavis carried a life-size cut-out of Kathy Ireland. You could carry one of Jack. It's about time he hiked another trail.

Blister
03-25-2006, 15:25
I wasn't sure what I would get for replies. It is official, we are all 100% f'en crazy! I do like the little miniature backpacking figure with playing card house. Kinda cute - could be my dream home location series.
Sly - the last thing I want to do is hike another trail with Jack. The CDT is pristine, lets keep it that way. Sorry Jack

jlb2012
03-25-2006, 19:56
I had another thought wrt the rubber glove - pack it with rice or small pasta and it will be multi-use _and_ easier to pose / manipulate the fingers.

Robusto
03-25-2006, 21:26
How about a "Mr Potatoe Head." You can change his expression when he is having a bad day, or abuse him like the old Saterday night live Mr Bill guy.
Get him his own pack. The photo opps are endless. Best of all he is lightweight!

Papa Razzi
03-26-2006, 23:15
Dick Cheney could always stand to hike another trail. He's already custom tailored to to fit snugly inside a pack. Lightweight, however, is another story.

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=118496

neo
03-27-2006, 02:41
:D beep ,beep:cool: neo

Hasty
01-19-2007, 22:21
a tiny CACTUS!!

RAT
01-19-2007, 22:33
You should have took me ;-)

RAT

Gray Blazer
01-19-2007, 22:36
Tie a life-size blow-up party doll to your backpack. Light,but, could slow you down with a srong headwind. People will remember you.

Jim Adams
01-19-2007, 22:40
I was never a barbie freak either but I read it in one of my surfing mags.
:D 2002 Papa Squat had "Bondage Barbie". Had to know Papa!
geek

mindi
02-03-2007, 02:14
Check out the 'Crazy Cat Lady' Action Figure!

Wild and Weird Action Figures - A great gag gift. (http://www.prankplace.com/actionfigures.htm)

Webs
02-03-2007, 02:39
a yo-yo. good for walks around towns, or for taking your mind off the rolling lands of VA. double points for walking the dog while going uphill! :p

or a mini dry erase board. that way, when you take pictures, you know exactly where you were when you try to catalogue your pictures six months later.

TJ aka Teej
02-03-2007, 08:15
I know there are alot of sick minds out there,

Y'know the black rectangle thingy they put over the eyes of someone in a photo to hide their identity? Cut out a black piece of plastic and attach it to a pair of sunglasses - viola! The Blister-Gone-Wild '007 Tour! :D
have a great hike,
Sick Minded Teej

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-03-2007, 10:30
I suggest you take a tutu - The kind that closes with velcro and adjust to a lot of sizes. You can figure out how to work it into the photo

Brrrb Oregon
02-03-2007, 23:45
How about a "Mr Potatoe Head." You can change his expression when he is having a bad day, or abuse him like the old Saterday night live Mr Bill guy.
Get him his own pack. The photo opps are endless. Best of all he is lightweight!

I like this one.

You could also go to a party store and buy some $1 leis....I think the really simple ones are about 4/$1. Very festive, very light, and crushable, too. Get several, so you can get pictures with other people you meet, all of you in leis.

hopefulhiker
02-04-2007, 08:32
On my 2005 thru hike some mischeivous hikers stole my hat. They proceeded to take pictures of just the hat in various locations down the trail. It was sort of humorous...

RadioFreq
02-04-2007, 10:03
I can't believe no one has mentioned bringing a bobblehead figure. Strap it to the top of you bag and drive the person hiking behind you nuts.

Now if you could find a dancing banana bobblehead.....:banana .....all the better.

4eyedbuzzard
02-04-2007, 10:41
"Oh my God! They killed Kenny! - You bastards"

You could bring a small Kenny plush(the lightweight nylon ones would work great) and have him killed each day - under rocks, boots, by stove (freezer bag Kenny:-? ), pole, endless possibilities.

Pennsylvania Rose
02-05-2007, 14:25
My ex carried a pink flamingo named Floyd for years. We set him up every night in front of our tent or shelter. Sometimes we even unpacked him during the day and included him in pictures of views. It all started at an overcrowded shelter with packs, clothes, food bags and grubby, unshaven men hanging around everywhere. Someone said that all this piece of Americana needed was a pink flamingo...so Banzai bought one.

OldStormcrow
02-07-2007, 14:33
You need to get one of these official Taco Bell bobbleheads to go on the top of your pack.....http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3714/toylounge193330572583db3.jpg

madstang
02-07-2007, 17:24
thoughts of pictures of "tickle me Elmo" rolling down a large bluff somehow brings a smile to my face. The smile grows larger thinking of him falling down several - while laughing. Then there are the latrene photo ops, and being hung with the bear bag... Then there's the joke about the lady with the two marbles and the skien of red fuzzy fabric... He's just funny. Too heavy though.

A small 'Yoda' would be good for vague words of inspriation whist riding on top of your pack, of course you'd be the only one that could hear him... I'm with Seeker - check back tomorrow...

madstang
02-07-2007, 17:28
I like this one.

You could also go to a party store and buy some $1 leis....I think the really simple ones are about 4/$1. Very festive, very light, and crushable, too. Get several, so you can get pictures with other people you meet, all of you in leis.

That and some of those little fancy drink umbrellas. Mr Head would be livin' it up no matter the mood.

madstang
02-07-2007, 17:29
I like this one.

Tie a life-size blow-up party doll to your backpack. Light,but, could slow you down with a srong headwind. People will remember you.
instant dance partner...

madstang
02-07-2007, 17:34
Well I will be hiking soon. As my hiking partner and I were roaming the isles of BJ's last night. We thought it would be great to come up with a humorous photo theme for the hike. Something like the original traveling gnome that was kidnapped and photo'd all around the world Trainwreck had her Feather Boa, Jester had dirty bunny, Jack has his Jim Beam, chomp used a cut out picture of his girlfriends head. Something light weight of course and funny we can get up the trail with photo ops. I know there are alot of sick minds out there, any suggestions???

Alright, how about some real looking fake body part hanging out of your pack? you could act really suspicious when people were around and mumble stuff about needing a bigger shovel....:-?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-08-2007, 07:32
Strangely, this group restores my faith in humanity. :D

galaleemc
02-08-2007, 08:55
One of the funniest things I have seen like this was....years ago i was a member of a hot air balloon club in Jacksonville. Someone made up a crappy wooden trophy of old 2 x 4's about 3 feet high with some broken real trophy head to give out to the pilot that did some feat in his flight for the group party that day. Needless to say it was pretty aweful. They guy kept it, but he attached something funny to it. The thing was added to and passed along between pilots and members for years. It kept getting more and more funny. If you could use something LIGHTWEIGHT to start this out and add to it as you go along - adding more and more hysterical stories, and of course taking photos of it along the way.