PDA

View Full Version : REI in MD area

Peanut
03-22-2006, 13:38
Hi! I've been to the REI in Timonium and was wondering how the others in the area comparing in regards to selection, specifically backpacks. I'd like go and try some one and I know it would be good for me if I can get to do so all at the same store. Thanks for your help!

QHShowoman
03-22-2006, 14:34
The REI in Bailey's Crossroads, VA is the biggest store in the metro-DC area and therefore, has the largest selection.

Spirit Walker
03-22-2006, 16:32
Hudson Trail Outfitters on Rockville Pike near Randolph Road has one of the best pack selections in the area. (There are two HTO's on Rockville Pike - this is the one nearer DC.) The REI on Rockville Pike is quite nice too - but the selection is less varied. Service is better there though.

Streamweaver
03-22-2006, 19:54
Hudson Trail Outfitters on Rockville Pike near Randolph Road has one of the best pack selections in the area. (There are two HTO's on Rockville Pike - this is the one nearer DC.) The REI on Rockville Pike is quite nice too - but the selection is less varied. Service is better there though.

I dont know about this Hudson Trail Outfitters ,but the one in towson is a major rip off!! Just one example ,a Coghlans bug bar 15 bucks at sunnys was 45 bucks at Hudson Trail. They didnt have much of a selection either! The REI in Timonium has a decent selection of packs and so does the Bass Pro Shops at Arundel Mills. If you are near downtown Baltimore there is a small shop on Eutaw st called H&H Camping supply that has a nice selection of packs and all sorts of other gear.Be sure to look downstairs.

chuckbuster
03-22-2006, 22:14
Got another REI in College Park on Rhode Island Ave and the Trail House in Frederick on Market St. Enjoy!

chemist
03-22-2006, 23:23
I've always thought that the REI in College Park focused more on biking/kayaking/clothing than it did on backpacking. Haven't been there in a few months so it might have changed a bit....