PDA

View Full Version : 100 Mile Wilderness Supply Drop Info

TJ aka Teej
03-22-2006, 15:52
As mentioned in the ALDHA Thru-hikers' Companion, Whiteblaze member Boarstone offers 100 Mile Wilderness resupply. Remember there are NO maildrops at Whitehouse Landing anymore! Resupply can be arranged at several locations, (not just at Jo-Mary Road as listed in the '06 Companion) contact Boarstone early at [email protected] ([email protected]) !

RITBlake
03-22-2006, 17:03
wow, TJ what's the cost?

boarstone
03-23-2006, 16:32
RITBlake: Hello: This is Boarstone: At this time I am only asking for donations as you see fit. I live in the area of K.I. and am willing to help you folks out getting trough the "100 miler" I've done portions of it myself, I can realate! Please feel free to e-mail me about drops and I'll pick up packages at P. O. or you can deliver UPS at my door and I will deliver and repackage into plastic pail(s)

khaynie
03-24-2006, 10:10
Boarstone, that's an awesome favor! You'll probably get taken up on it.

However, I can attest that the WHL is another great place for resupply. They have everything - fuel, plenty of food, deet, and while it's more pricey, it was definitely worth not having to lug the recommended 10 day supply. Plus, the boat ride across the "pond" was sweet. Just another option for you future SOBO's.

Good luck!

Kerosene
03-25-2006, 10:26
I can imagine that this could turn into a popular service, boarstone. I hope that you're still doing this when I do this section in 2013!