PDA

View Full Version : I see somebody tried to have "Lone Wolf"

lobster
03-24-2006, 12:17
as a trailname. On trailjournals, I read that somebody asked the guy, "where's your beard". Thus, the guy went back to no trailname at all.

LW,

Now that is trail respect!

crutch
03-24-2006, 12:54
as a trailname. On trailjournals, I read that somebody asked the guy, "where's your beard". Thus, the guy went back to no trailname at all.

LW,

Now that is trail respect!

I met the man in question while doing trail magic at Rock Gap. After about 5 minutes of conversation he was stripped of his trail name. There can and always be only one "Lone Wolf"........So if you have any suggestions I hear he's still looking for a name.

Smile
03-24-2006, 12:54
There were several journal entries in GA as LoneWolf aka Randy, is this OUR Lone Wolf on here? Sorry I missed seeing you on trail if this is the case!

freefall
03-24-2006, 15:01
I met the man in question while doing trail magic at Rock Gap. After about 5 minutes of conversation he was stripped of his trail name. There can and always be only one "Lone Wolf"........So if you have any suggestions I hear he's still looking for a name.

I/we are at Fontana Dam now, actually staying at The Hike Inn. He's still looking for a trail name and has even got a contest going. Whoever comes up wit the best trail name, and it sticks, he will buy a six pack of that hikers choice and carry it to the top of whatever mountain they want.

bfitz
03-24-2006, 16:30
C'mon, doesn't anyone remember "Rick, the Lone Wolf", one of the most entertaining register ranters ever!

Lugnut
03-24-2006, 16:40
There were several journal entries in GA as LoneWolf aka Randy, is this OUR Lone Wolf on here? Sorry I missed seeing you on trail if this is the case!

"Our" Lone Wolf isn't named Randy in real life but there have been several Lone Wolfs through the years. It's probably a natural tendency for some to adopt the name although it's unlikely another would turn out to be as unusual as ours. Guess that's why he stands out from the others. :p

max patch
03-24-2006, 18:37
Theres a Lone Wolf every year. And Wolf. And Bear. And Just(insert first name here). Trail names ain't as "personal" as you think they are.

Local
03-24-2006, 18:46
The "real" Lone Wolf lives in Damascus, Virginia, and is locally called "Wolf." Accept no substitutes. He is one of about 14 thru-hikers living in this small town. At the moment I think he is somewhere south of here on the AT. Wolf, among other things, runs a shuttle service here for hikers.

Sly
03-24-2006, 18:52
Lone Wolf isn't so alone anymore. Besides, since he's aging, I think he needs to change it to Grey Wolf! ;)

Cookerhiker
03-24-2006, 19:10
Lone Wolf isn't so alone anymore. Besides, since he's aging, I think he needs to change it to Grey Wolf! ;)

Good one.:D

mrmike48/4000
03-24-2006, 19:12
i got a trail name for the man in ?..how about "six pack"..

brancher
03-24-2006, 19:15
i got a trail name for the man in ?..how about "six pack"..

That is perfect!

Lone Wolf
03-25-2006, 08:19
That is perfect!
"Six Pack" is good. I'll buy him a case of beer when he gets to Damascus.:)

the goat
03-25-2006, 12:10
C'mon, doesn't anyone remember "Rick, the Lone Wolf", one of the most entertaining register ranters ever!

fitz, i remeber reading this dude's rants!!! they were entertaining, and also somewhat bizarre.....what year was that, was it '01??