PDA

View Full Version : What toll has the AT

lobster
03-24-2006, 12:28
taken on this year's crop of aspiring thru-hikers?

bigmac_in
03-24-2006, 13:53
Hey Lobster,

I don't think anyone wants to play today. Two posts and no replys. You didn't make anyone mad did you?

Big

No Belay
03-24-2006, 15:07
Lobster,
Get a life and find something else to mastrubate with besides your keyboard.:rolleyes:

Almost There
03-24-2006, 15:21
Besides the AT doesn't beat anybody...we beat ourselves...tsk, tsk...you know better!

rickb
03-24-2006, 15:31
If they are on the Trail walking north in a quest to get to Katahdin, then they are thru hikers. Not aspiring thru hikers.

Right Lobster boy? :D

RITBlake
03-24-2006, 15:43
stop trolling Lobster. its getting tired, your time will be short here if you continue to do so

Jack Tarlin
03-24-2006, 16:38
Just checkin' in from Hiawasee, Lobster. Despite cold weather and snow last night, the town's full of hikers, everyone's very enthusiastic, very happy to be out here, and looking forward to getting back on the Trail in the morning.

I know of NOBODY that got knocked off in the recent bad weather.

Sorry to disappoint you.

crutch
03-24-2006, 16:45
Lot's of hikers here in Franklin too.......sorry, no tales of woe for you today

QHShowoman
03-24-2006, 17:22
When I first glanced at this thread, I thought it read "What TROLL has the AT?" It would've been more appropriate.

lobster
03-24-2006, 17:31
Rick,

"If they are on the Trail walking north in a quest to get to Katahdin, then they are thru hikers. "

Not sure everybody would agree with that.

They ain't thru-hikers until they're through! They are just aspiring at the moment.

neighbor dave
03-24-2006, 17:32
:-? i think lobster is entertainin'!! adds flavor!! just my 2 cents:jump

lobster
03-24-2006, 17:35
Even if I was trolling, you would think folks could refrain from responding if they don't like what I write.

A response concerning the weather this early part of the hiking season might be informative when compared to preceding years and how this might be effecting hikers deciding to go home at Neels Gap, etc.

lobster
03-24-2006, 17:39
Jack,

Didn't see your post. At least you commented on the weather.

rickb
03-24-2006, 18:09
Part of the fun of reading your posts is looking for clues that will suggest what other names you post under.

neighbor dave
03-24-2006, 19:09
Part of the fun of reading your posts is looking for clues that will suggest what other names you post under.

Right Lobster boy? :D

:-? ha ha ha do you think i'm lobster???? if so yer wrong. although i do like lobsters posts, it ain't me. ask troll ta look up the i.p. he'll tell ya!:sun

RITBlake
03-24-2006, 19:32
Even if I was trolling

Right.........even if you were trolling. You would NEVER do that, now would you?! :-?

A response concerning the weather this early part of the hiking season might be informative when compared to preceding years and how this might be effecting hikers deciding to go home at Neels Gap, etc.

Why? how would that be informative? Why are you so obsessed with people dropping out. Why are you so enthralled by it? Its pathetic. Normally I would sit back and let this go, but you post again and again and again about this same topic. Are you so disappointed in your own short comings that you have to pick on others??? grow up, 3rd grade ended a long time ago.

:-?

lobster
03-24-2006, 20:12
Well, if a great % of hikers didn't drop out along the way, I doubt people would consider it such a great accomplishment and Joe Public wouldn't be in awe of thru-hikers. I am talking about folks such as those folks at the AT crossing into Gatlinburg who want to have their picture taken with a person attempting a thru-hike. Trail magic is also often generated because people respect the grand adventure people are on and want to ease the struggle a little bit.

I know that lots of folks are proud that they are in that 10-15% group that accomplishes a thru-hike.

lobster
03-24-2006, 20:13
Rick,

I only post under one name!

woodsy
03-24-2006, 21:22
Hey Lobster,
Maybe you would do better on one of them west coast surfboards than an East Coast mtn. trail. Try it out will ya, it's obvious the trail's not for you.LOL.
Woodsy

lobster
03-24-2006, 23:05
Woodsy,

Don't be sore about Mambo Tango choosing me over you and Mr. McQuest! LOL

lobster
03-24-2006, 23:09
By the way, I think everybody is just jealous about that one special trait that I have that they don't!

mambo_tango
03-25-2006, 01:39
Hey....I like surfboards. Clark foam went out of business foreeevvverrr! :(

lobster
03-25-2006, 12:34
No Belay,

Your last two posts have been classy!

Mambo Tango,

Our first date could be real surfing not this web stuff!

Now back to that special trait! How many of you folks have the ability to grow back a limb you have lost?

Those hiker boxes are just like lobster traps. Free food!!!

sdoownek
03-25-2006, 12:57
REMOVED

Dude, that post isn't cool.
At all.

neo
03-25-2006, 13:23
taken on this year's crop of aspiring thru-hikers?

:D are you suffering from free radical depression:cool: neo

Sloghound
03-26-2006, 20:40
I'm trying to turn to the "refined and focused" mindset.

What could folks say about shedding the frippery, so as to increase the likelihood of becoming a successful long distance hiker?

Just trolling for content-rich musings...........