PDA

View Full Version : Re-supply/mail drops "100 mile" section Maine

boarstone
03-25-2006, 18:13
:welcome

For those of you who may need to send supplies ahead before the "100 mile wilderness" section of theAt here in Maine: I currently resupply the K.I. and Jo-Mary trail crossings. Packages can be mailed UPS ahead to me and I'll drop them at which ever point(s) you need. They currently are: (see map 2- Mahmakanta Lake to W. Branch Pleasnat river). (1) W. Branch Ponds rd- between White Cap and E branch Pleasant River. (2) B Pond Rd between Little Boardman Mtn and Crawford Pond. (3) Cooper Brook rd crossing between Church Pond and cooper pond. With Cooper Pond road crossing being the primary one. But for those who can't or don't want to carry the extra weight, I give the other two options. At all of these road crossings it's a LONG hike out (shortest is 9 miles) to the main road, very little traffic with the exception of logging trucks. At this time I don't charge for this service, but will accept any donation to help defray gas costs. You can contact me here or at [email protected]
:sun

neo
03-25-2006, 21:33
:welcome

For those of you who may need to send supplies ahead before the "100 mile wilderness" section of theAt here in Maine: I currently resupply the K.I. and Jo-Mary trail crossings. Packages can be mailed UPS ahead to me and I'll drop them at which ever point(s) you need. They currently are: (see map 2- Mahmakanta Lake to W. Branch Pleasnat river). (1) W. Branch Ponds rd- between White Cap and E branch Pleasant River. (2) B Pond Rd between Little Boardman Mtn and Crawford Pond. (3) Cooper Brook rd crossing between Church Pond and cooper pond. With Cooper Pond road crossing being the primary one. But for those who can't or don't want to carry the extra weight, I give the other two options. At all of these road crossings it's a LONG hike out (shortest is 9 miles) to the main road, very little traffic with the exception of logging trucks. At this time I don't charge for this service, but will accept any donation to help defray gas costs. You can contact me here or at [email protected]
:sun

i will email ya for sure i will be passing thru there 2007,thanks:cool: neo

boarstone
03-26-2006, 10:23
That's great! and good luck on your hike....

abales01
04-19-2006, 08:31
splendid! I'll let you know as I'll be doing the wilderness in July. Thanks a lot

boarstone
06-07-2006, 17:38
For those who will be contacting me for resupply, I'd want to mention that either on the outside of your shipping label AND inside your box, put your NAME!:mad: I receive many of these boxes each week and need to keep track of which box belongs to whom. I keep an index card on each person I resupply with phone # to contact and/or e-mail so I can confirm shipment or contact if I need to about their shipment. I have some boxes come thru with an UPS address of the UPS store where it was shipped out of and that's it. Doesn't help me much. I then have to call UPS to get the name. So please, to help me be the efficient machine I demand I be, name on your shipping labels AND inside your boxes. I wouldn't want anyone not get their box of resupply and I don't want to camp out at Cooper Brook waiting for them either! Thanks a bunch guys.

nemesis331
06-15-2009, 12:13
Anybody know If anyone is available to resupply on the 100 mile wilderness?
I tried emailing [email protected] and the email came back as undeliverable.

Thanks guys, I would really appreciate it.
-Chris

boarstone
06-15-2009, 19:10
Anybody know If anyone is available to resupply on the 100 mile wilderness?
I tried emailing [email protected] and the email came back as undeliverable.

Thanks guys, I would really appreciate it.
-Chris
[email protected] no longer available.:(
I can be reached at [email protected]:D

boarstone
06-15-2009, 19:11
[email protected] no longer available.:(
I can be reached at [email protected]:D

That's [email protected]

ShelterLeopard
07-03-2009, 00:05
That's [email protected]

It is awesome that you do this- will you be doing this next year? (I'm NoBoing) And are you charging for this? (If you aren't, I would of course be happy to pay for gas, or whatnot)

boarstone
07-03-2009, 08:36
It is awesome that you do this- will you be doing this next year? (I'm NoBoing) And are you charging for this? (If you aren't, I would of course be happy to pay for gas, or whatnot)

I sure hope to be....as long as I'm alive and able, just give me a hollar closer to your drop time need. I willl hold your box(s) for 30 days. Donations for the "gas kitty" always accepted. I will suggest to call from Monson before entering the "100 mile wilderness" .:sun

ShelterLeopard
07-03-2009, 11:44
That sounds really great- thanks!