PDA

View Full Version : Confusing signs in Caledonia State Park, PA

EarlyBird2007
03-27-2006, 09:47
Sat. morning, 3/25 Socks the wonder dog and I hiked from Route 30 north to the Shippensburg Arendtsville Road. The good news is that it was a great day and that part of the trail is in excellent shape. Right at the beginning the trail is temporarily relocated because a bridge is out. I had a minor issue with the temporary signage. When the relocated section ends and you meet up with the regular trail (going north), it isn't clear which way you should go. I, of course, chose the wrong way and hit a dead end about a third of a mile later. It would be nice to have a sign there with an arrow pointing right.

For now at least, be aware that if you are heading north, after you reach the end of the temporary signs, BEAR RIGHT, not left!!

saimyoji
03-27-2006, 23:27
So you took your dog on the trail and you got lost. Couldn't imagine a more obvious case of trail karma. :D

chemist
03-28-2006, 09:02
I hiked this section SOBO a few weeks back; the signs are better placed for SOBOs than NOBOs. I imagine it could be sort of confusing for people going north.

I won't comment on the dog issue....

EarlyBird2007
03-28-2006, 09:07
I'm pretty sure Socks knew all along that we were supposed to turn right, not left. She attributes the problem to "master error".

Green Bean
03-28-2006, 10:19
Yeah did the same thing a couple weeks back!! with a couple of buddies. I was sure to turn right but they were sure we had to go left so we went left and ended up back tracking. :eek: