PDA

View Full Version : justinkamp makes the news and is on TJ

Tin Man
03-27-2006, 20:51
Justinkamp starts Wednesday. click here (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/03/26/a_journey_of_a_lifetime/) for new or here (www.trailjournals.com/justinkamp) for TrailJournals.

Sly
03-27-2006, 23:34
"His daughter, Catherine Sawyer, plans to take a tent to him in mid-May, when she and her husband join Kamp in Damascus, Va., to celebrate ''Trail Days" with fellow Appalachian Trail hikers. From March until the May meeting, Kamp plans to sleep in hostels or under the stars, when necessary."

I hope he picks up a tent before Trail Days!

Twofiddy
03-29-2006, 09:39
So let me get this straight he is hiking without a tent or any kind of shelter right now??

BIG MISTAKE!!

I bet he has already realized that.

I remeber back in 02, got to LOW GAP shelter a few miles north of neals gap, 47 hikers were either in the shelter, or under the shelter, or were using the sides of the shelter to attach there tarps to create a larger dry footprint.

I was #48 and YO-YO was #49. We hiked on up to the woods road walk called the blvd. and camped there. It must have rained 3 inches that night over night. I was so thankful that I had a heavy tent that night instead of a tarp. Everyone in that shelter go soaked from the rain blowing in.

SO needless to say I hope this guy has a tent by now!