PDA

View Full Version : Tin Man confesses

Tin Man
03-27-2006, 22:02
It has come to my attention that I am not who many of you think I am. Several of you have emailed me indicating that I have talked to or somehow communicated to you that I will be at this event of that event. However, I am not me...er he. I understand that there is a Tin Man who makes/sells gear. I am very sorry, I am not THAT Tin Man. I am just an ordinary every day Tin Man, who thought he had a unique trail/WB name. Anyway, I hope those of you looking for THAT other Tin Man catch up with him and wish him my very best, whoever he is.

I am sorry if I have disappointed or unintentionally misled anyone. Heavy sigh, I have to get another trail/WB name. :(

Signed,
Ordinary Tin Man

Just Jeff
03-27-2006, 22:04
I heard you were looking for a heart...how's that work out for you?

Pisser about those flying monkeys, too.

Skidsteer
03-27-2006, 22:07
It has come to my attention that I am not who many of you think I am. Several of you have emailed me indicating that I have talked to or somehow communicated to you that I will be at this event of that event. However, I am not me...er he. I understand that there is a Tin Man who makes/sells gear. I am very sorry, I am not THAT Tin Man. I am just an ordinary every day Tin Man, who thought he had a unique trail/WB name. Anyway, I hope those of you looking for THAT other Tin Man catch up with him and wish him my very best, whoever he is.

I am sorry if I have disappointed or unintentionally misled anyone. Heavy sigh, I have to get another trail/WB name. :(

Signed,
Ordinary Tin Man

That explains why I never got the stove I ordered! :D Kidding, Tin Man.

Tin Man
03-27-2006, 22:11
I heard you were looking for a heart...how's that work out for you?

Pisser about those flying monkeys, too.

I can be heartless and I can have too much heart. Do you work with me? :-?

Tin Man
03-27-2006, 22:13
That explains why I never got the stove I ordered! :D Kidding, Tin Man.

Give me your address and I'll mail you a Pepsi Can and a link to WB. ;)

Skidsteer
03-27-2006, 22:15
Give me your address and I'll mail you a Pepsi Can and a link to WB. ;)

Just what I need! Do you give heroin to junkies too?:eek:

Hikerhead
03-27-2006, 22:23
take extra oil with you the next time you go choppin' wood you ol' rusted out baaaastard....<just kidding!!!!!!!! :) :)>

You could be the Lion, Scarcrow, Dorothy, Toto, The Lollypop Crew, The Wizzard, The Witch good or bad, Flying Monkey.

Tin Man
03-27-2006, 23:08
Just what I need! Do you give heroin to junkies too?:eek:

No, but if you visit my campfire, I'll offer you a cigar and scotch.

Tin Man
03-27-2006, 23:13
take extra oil with you the next time you go choppin' wood you ol' rusted out baaaastard....<just kidding!!!!!!!! :) :)>

You could be the Lion, Scarcrow, Dorothy, Toto, The Lollypop Crew, The Wizzard, The Witch good or bad, Flying Monkey.

LOL. I got the trail name from banging an empty soda can (trail magic leftover) when walking through a section of the AT in Mass. where a bear was said to be lurking. The bear didn't eat me, so I lived another day only to be called the Tin Man.

Skidsteer
03-27-2006, 23:20
No, but if you visit my campfire, I'll offer you a cigar and scotch.

Well...All right. :sun

rambunny
03-28-2006, 01:59
It's O.K. to have the same trail name as someone else-how about adding II or wanna be- or maybe you told the universe you really didn't want that name=just obsessive thinking. I was given my name on a section hike and was very proud of it till others pointed out other conotations. sometimes i shorten mine to Mz. R. Bunny the R for something differant everyday-i.e.Running Bunny Reticent Bunny ect. Have fun with it.

Cold Camp
03-28-2006, 10:28
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one as the saying goes, and it adapts to hikes in which you don't get eaten. Anyone walking through Massachusetts banging away on a can has earned the right to be the Tinman no matter how many others there may be.

Cold Camp

Tin Man
03-28-2006, 19:14
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one as the saying goes, and it adapts to hikes in which you don't get eaten. Anyone walking through Massachusetts banging away on a can has earned the right to be the Tinman no matter how many others there may be.

Cold Camp

Well, thank you! I was banging the can more as a joke. I was not concerned about a bear getting me, after all I knew I could outrun my brother! ;)