PDA

View Full Version : JMT slideshow wednesday night

grizzlyadam
03-28-2006, 08:41
if anyone is in the greensboro area on wednesday (march 29), then you should come by blue ridge mountain sports at 7:00 to check out a slideshow that me, cap'n, and jerm are giving about our JMT hike last summer.

it is going to be a good time and i'm going to be so modest as to say that we will be showing some great images.

drop a line if you have any questions.

we hope to see some of you there.

Jerm
03-28-2006, 20:31
yes indeed. just burned the pictures to disk for the show. i now there are some whiteblazers in the area. so come on out.

Big Dawg
03-28-2006, 20:44
I'm thinking about it. How long is the presentation? The JMT is on my "list". I've gotta drop some gear off for the upcoming BRMS "Gear Swap",, might as well drop it off tomorrow evening!!

Jerm
03-29-2006, 02:04
we got about 130 slides, taken by four different people. three of us will be there. two of us actually work there, cap'n and myself.

grizzlyadam
03-29-2006, 13:35
i usually just like to loiter there.

Big Dawg
03-29-2006, 22:00
Great pics, guys! Had to leave at 8pm, so I missed the last part of the "show". Will you ever have those pics available to view online. I'd love to see the shots from Mt.Whitney.

Later, Dawg

Sly
03-29-2006, 22:21
Hey Griz (and Jerm)

Outstanding photography!

You're invited to do a slideshow at the next SoRuck (NOC Jan. MLK Weekend 2007 ). I don't need to know right away as I won't be putting an official program together until October, but the offer is there. Last year we had over 100 people, many from Whiteblaze and I'm sure most would agree, they had a great time.

Hope to see you there! You'll be well fed!!!!

Sly
03-29-2006, 22:26
BTW, when did you do the JMT?

I did half around mid-September last year and then some of the Desolation Wilderness, near Lake Tahoe before the ALDHA West Gathering.

Jerm
03-30-2006, 01:42
glad you guys could make it. i've got a fair amount of my pictures on trail journals, www.trailjournals.com/jermjmt (http://www.trailjournals.com/jermjmt), however i have not typed up my journal entries.

we started aug. 15th and finished sept. 5 of 2005.

would love to come to the so. ruck. grizz might actually be knee deep in snow then, but i'm sure cap'n and now, or never would want to show them too.

also, i think we are showing them at traildays on friday evening.