PDA

View Full Version : New to the AT...

Ramblin'_Man
03-29-2006, 15:02
I am new, so if this is in the wrong forum...I'm sorry. I am not new to hiking, but I have never hiked the AT. I live in Boston and would like to start planning a few 2-4 day hikes to start with and then planning for longer distances.

My question is this...: Where would be a good place to start in Mass for a few 2-4 day hikes before I plan for a longer travel schedule? Thank you in advance for all suggestions. ALL suggestions are very welcomed.:sun

Ender
03-29-2006, 15:55
The Mt. Greylock area is very pretty on the north end of the state, and Sages Ravine on the south end is also very pretty. I'd say shoot for one of those two areas... Have fun!

neo
03-29-2006, 21:22
I am new, so if this is in the wrong forum...I'm sorry. I am not new to hiking, but I have never hiked the AT. I live in Boston and would like to start planning a few 2-4 day hikes to start with and then planning for longer distances.

My question is this...: Where would be a good place to start in Mass for a few 2-4 day hikes before I plan for a longer travel schedule? Thank you in advance for all suggestions. ALL suggestions are very welcomed.:sun

welcome to whiteblaze:cool: neo

hobbit
03-29-2006, 21:28
maine NH border cause if you can make it there you could do almost any of the sections of the AT

good luck and very happy hiking

fiddlehead
03-29-2006, 21:52
Welcome. Anywhere is good as long as you are walking in nature.

Green Bean
03-29-2006, 22:01
Welcome and Happy Trails!! ~GB

Ramblin'_Man
03-29-2006, 22:19
Thanks for the suggestions and kind words. I have been rummaging through the pics and I am REALLY looking forward to these hikes alone the trail. It's a very peaceful and spiritually wonderful experience for me whenever I travel. This is going to be great. I hope to bump into some of you along the way!! Namaste....