PDA

View Full Version : Role Model on The Trail

tiamalle
03-30-2006, 09:26
Through the years of hiking,shuttling,trail angeling and harboring hikers
I have noticed that repeat thru hikers are instantly role models to the new thru's and I want to take a moment ot thank them for the knowledge they pass year after year.In any other walk of life you may be an everyday citizen but to them you are a hero.I have watched as they adore your skills,knowledge and advise.I am very lucky to have had these hero's in my lodging establishments in the past.I was noticing L Wolf, Baltimore J,Crutch
Sly and many many more if I didn't mention your name I will next time.I'm running late and several hikers waiting for a shuttle.But from all us here in Franklin,thanks for the help you give new comers,Ron Haven
:) :) :) :)
Hey you others owe them a thanks also.

K-Man
03-30-2006, 09:49
Not only are most thru's role models on the trail, but here on whiteblaze as well. They have spent countless amounts of time answering our newbie questions and we are better prepared for our journeys because of them. Thanks!!

Big Oz
03-30-2006, 10:28
your right,these folks need recognition,thanks to all

Tin Man
03-30-2006, 23:53
Thanks to the thru-hikers, the section hikers, and the newbies. Everyone can learn something from the other, regardless of experience, as long as one is willing to listen with an open mind. No one has all the answers. May peace prevail around the globe, on the trail and here on WB.

Almost There
03-30-2006, 23:59
Lone Wolf has inspired me to become Hiker Trash....and blue blaze whenever I get the chance!!!! Oh yeah, and to enjoy PBR, something I thought I would never do after college!

Sly
03-31-2006, 03:05
Lone Wolf has inspired me to become Hiker Trash

Yeah, he corrupted me at an early age too! :)

neighbor dave
03-31-2006, 06:42
sly is my hero!!!:sun