PDA

View Full Version : ST6 Pond Ridge to 49er Truck Stop

Gambit McCrae
09-21-2021, 10:40
Folks this one is short. I set out with a green hiker friday night and Pond Ridge is a party spot. Drove up in my shuttle to a big country boy party. I played the part, had a beer or two and hit the trail but this location is frequent in parties. Just young kids, not jerks but Something to be aware of. Hiked 2.8 miles friday night and found a place to crash. Saturday I woke up with Covid, hiked 15 miles to 49er diner/ truck stop and got a ride back to my truck. did 19 miles total. Trail through here was alot of road, ATV trail, and overgrown trail. Water.....Get it when you see it. I have been home very sick since my return in quarantine.

JNI64
09-22-2021, 00:03
Was the plan for a short a hike to begin with?
Sorry it went this way for ya Gambit.
And Sorry but I have a few questions. Have you been in touch with the first shuttle driver to let them know, you know covid.
And what about the green hiker? And the second shuttle driver?
Were you wearing a mask? And you woke up and knew it was covid, why?

JNI64
09-22-2021, 00:07
Not judging you what so ever. I personally don't care and you don't have to respond. Good luck and wish you well.

Captain Blue
09-22-2021, 10:13
I'll be doing this section soon. What mile is Pond Ridge? That is if you have the latest map (2020 copyright).

Traffic Jam
10-23-2021, 20:58
Folks this one is short. I set out with a green hiker friday night and Pond Ridge is a party spot. Drove up in my shuttle to a big country boy party. I played the part, had a beer or two and hit the trail but this location is frequent in parties. Just young kids, not jerks but Something to be aware of. Hiked 2.8 miles friday night and found a place to crash. Saturday I woke up with Covid, hiked 15 miles to 49er diner/ truck stop and got a ride back to my truck. did 19 miles total. Trail through here was alot of road, ATV trail, and overgrown trail. Water.....Get it when you see it. I have been home very sick since my return in quarantine.
Oh goodness, I just saw this. Hope you’re feeling better! Thanks for the info about the party spot, that’s good to know.