PDA

View Full Version : Waynesboro to Johnson City

Bad Ass Turtle
03-30-2006, 18:45
Hi all --

I'll be hiking from somewhere in Virginia, just north of the Bryant Ridge Shelter to Waynesboro this summer -- again trying to collect some of the last couple of hundred miles on my thru-hike. Here's my question: Once I hike into Waynesboro, I need to get back to Johnson City, Tennessee to fly back home to the wild west. I know I can get a shuttle to Charlottesville, VA and then take a bus to Johnson City. Does anyone have other ideas on how to get from Waynesboro to Johnson City?

Thanks for your help --

Bad Ass Turtle

The Solemates
03-30-2006, 20:01
Hi all --

I'll be hiking from somewhere in Virginia, just north of the Bryant Ridge Shelter to Waynesboro this summer -- again trying to collect some of the last couple of hundred miles on my thru-hike. Here's my question: Once I hike into Waynesboro, I need to get back to Johnson City, Tennessee to fly back home to the wild west. I know I can get a shuttle to Charlottesville, VA and then take a bus to Johnson City. Does anyone have other ideas on how to get from Waynesboro to Johnson City?

Thanks for your help --

Bad Ass Turtle

see if someone from the TN Eastman hiking club would be willing to give you a shuttle. they've given me a ride back from trail days to near johnson city before. granted, it was trail days which brings them anyways...and waynesboro is further away, but you never know.