PDA

View Full Version : AT in NJ

spfleisig
10-13-2021, 09:20
I plan on doing a day hike starting at High Point State Park HQ and going north. Does anyone know if I could get picked up on Liberty Corners Road at mile marker 1352.6 or Louemma Lane at 1355.2? Thanks

Gambit McCrae
10-13-2021, 09:50
I'm sure you could, just arrange it with your shuttle driver.

atraildreamer
10-13-2021, 09:56
Go to the WB home page and click on "Shuttle Providers".
162 shuttles available, at last count.
Contact one of them and ask.

steve_zavocki
10-13-2021, 10:02
I did that exact same hike last January. I used Mosey for a shuttle. She is awesome and should be in the shuttle list. Leave your car at the hiker lot which is 0.2 from the High Point visitor center. There is a short blue blaze trail between the parking and the AT. She could drop you off either location. I chose Liberty Corners road because it was winter and the days were short. You will see lots of swans.

Gambit McCrae
10-13-2021, 10:07
I did that exact same hike last January. I used Mosey for a shuttle. She is awesome and should be in the shuttle list. Leave your car at the hiker lot which is 0.2 from the High Point visitor center. There is a short blue blaze trail between the parking and the AT. She could drop you off either location. I chose Liberty Corners road because it was winter and the days were short. You will see lots of swans.

+1 for Mosey. Picked me up in 17' at highpoint for hostel stay

spfleisig
10-13-2021, 10:11
I'm not asking about shuttles, I'm asking if a car pick up is possible at those two spots...meaning I can get picked up without me or the driver getting killed.

steve_zavocki
10-13-2021, 11:02
I'm not asking about shuttles, I'm asking if a car pick up is possible at those two spots...meaning I can get picked up without me or the driver getting killed.
I don't see why not. Liberty Corners Road has no parking, but I think you could pull to the shoulder for a quick drop off. Check google maps. It doesn't seem like a super busy road, but people go fast on country roads. Also check here: http://rohland.homedns.org:8008/at/at_menu.aspx

I don't think that Liberty Corners is a good place for a car to wait for a pickup.

LittleRock
10-13-2021, 12:31
I plan on doing a day hike starting at High Point State Park HQ and going north. Does anyone know if I could get picked up on Liberty Corners Road at mile marker 1352.6 or Louemma Lane at 1355.2? Thanks
Most likely yes to Liberty Corners Road. The other one I'm not sure, it's a private gravel road. Though I don't see why you'd want to be picked up there when there's a paved road 0.6 mile north.

Alligator
10-13-2021, 17:04
There's a pull off gravel parking area at Glenwood Rd. There's actually a car parked there in the Google Street view. Street view shows a little bit of a spot to stop at Liberty Corners.