PDA

View Full Version : Passing of an AT Hiker

Moose2001
02-24-2003, 08:14
I learned this morning that Soleman who was scheduled to start at Springer passed away suddenly on Sunday. This post in the HikersRus Yahoo group which he helped to form made the announcement. Soleman has a journal on Trailjournals. I encourgage each of you to sign his Guest Book to show his family that his AT Family is thinking of him and what his passing means. God Bless him and his family.

It's with a heavy heart that I tell you this news.
Last night, Ted Anderson (Soleman), the life blood of the hikersRus group, passed away suddenly. I spoke with his wife Roxanne, and she repeated how excited he was to do his hike. He was days away from starting his dream hike with pack 3/1. We will miss him tremendously. We lost a good friend, a fellow hiker, and an inspiration to us all. I will be hiking the trail for Ted, my hiking partner.

God bless you Soleman.

Russ

TJ aka Teej
02-24-2003, 11:11
A photo of Soleman and wife;
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=17627
His journal, and guestbook;
www.trailjournals.com/soleman
His email signature quote:
It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic
happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the
Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America

Daniel Boone

Footslogger
02-24-2003, 12:32
Never got to meet Ted in person but definitely was a willing victim of his infectuous sense of humor and enthusiasm on the HikersRus yahoo group. I was truly looking forward to running into him on my hike this year in his kilt, which I helped him locate.
Amazing that you can miss someone you haven't even met ...but I feel the loss !

Former Member
02-25-2003, 01:38
/