PDA

View Full Version : looking for a guy named Bill (maybe)

flightrisk0523
11-05-2021, 03:58
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. This seemed like the most appropriate category.

There, was/maybe still is, a guy on here that went by the name Bill (something) or (something) Bill. He was a ubiquitous poster from what I remember. He authored a book. I had the book on kindle but I cannot seem to find it in my purchases. There was this excellent chapter on the story of a coyote. That specifically is why I'm trying to find it. I'd like to read it to my son. Ideally I'd like to purchase a hard copy from him.

It's a long shot, but if this rings a bell with anyone please let me know.

Thank you!!!

illabelle
11-05-2021, 06:41
Pretty sure it's this guy. Just Bill wrote Lying on the Trail. His profile page has a link to his book.

https://whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php/49133-Just-Bill

Gambit McCrae
11-05-2021, 08:07
Sounds like Just Bill

Alligator
11-05-2021, 15:06
https://thisgearsforyou.com/lying-on-the-trail/

Tipi Walter
11-05-2021, 16:18
Back in 2015 Just Bill sent me his book in the mail and told me since he reads all my trail journals for free I should get his book for free.

Astro
11-08-2021, 08:34
Back in 2015 Just Bill sent me his book in the mail and told me since he reads all my trail journals for free I should get his book for free.

While I always felt he was someone who would never let the "truth" get in the way of a good story, he did tell some interesting ones. That is really neat that he shared his book with you for free for the reason given!

Cookerhiker
11-08-2021, 11:35
Hah! My name is Bill and I wrote a book about hiking a trail. No chapter on coyote though. Never saw one on the hike but heard them.

I believe Just Bill's real name is Bill Townsend. We're FB friends and he wrote an evaluation of my book on Amazon.

Alligator
11-08-2021, 12:24
Weellll I happen to have me own copy, with a kind inscription inside I can say as well, and you may be close in the tellin' of his name as it is surely printed on the inside too. O' course the writer, and I quote his exact words mind ya, states "Everything in this book is a lie, ...". If'n you asked me, the name sounds a wee bit pretentious! Almost a setup with "legal name" precedin' it! Come to think of it, the inscription is a tad too kind...more the work of some honey-tongued liar:-?.

That would surely be the link above for the book yer innnerested in and I ain't some marketing man blowing hot farts in your face:eek:.

wornoutboots
11-13-2021, 14:02
If it is Just Bill, last I heard, he was living on the Creeper Trail just outside the Damascus line on FS land? You could call Lumpy at MRO & he may know.