PDA

View Full Version : Honkers heading north

boarstone
03-31-2006, 10:07
Yesterday, March 30, I see a flock of geese and ducks, together, heading north,(45th parallel, Newport Maine) must be spring!:sun

Turtle2
03-31-2006, 14:03
I saw approx 400-500 White Pelicans on the migratory path outside my window Wednesday. They stopped by to eat a bite. Wonderful sight! Spring is happening!

Cuffs
03-31-2006, 15:21
I love Spring! I follow the hummingbird (love those little feisty guys!) migration online at http://www.learner.org/cgi-bin/jnorth/jn-sightings/. This site also tracks many other critters that migrate (monarch butterfly, bald eagle, whales...)
It has great maps where citizens can post their sightings.

Seeker
03-31-2006, 18:15
the geese left a few weeks back, and we got our first hummers around the middle of march. my daughter saw one back in february, but we never did see him again, or others, til a couple weeks ago.

had no idea you could track hummers on line... thanks for the link (is the internet great or what!)(ok... this from a guy who grew up with a party line and dial on his phone... ask your dad.)

Heater
04-01-2006, 17:27
the geese left a few weeks back, and we got our first hummers around the middle of march. my daughter saw one back in february, but we never did see him again, or others, til a couple weeks ago.

had no idea you could track hummers on line... thanks for the link (is the internet great or what!)(ok... this from a guy who grew up with a party line and dial on his phone... ask your dad.)

I like hummers:cool: austexs

Skidsteer
04-01-2006, 19:00
I like hummers:cool: austexs

LOL. I have a lot of different replies, but I' m gonna keep my mouth shut.:D