PDA

View Full Version : Plus Size Clothing....

shoe
03-31-2006, 13:28
anyone know of any place tht carries it at a reasonable price. I don't mind wearing the mens but most of the time it just doesn't fit right.....

sleeves and legs way tooooo long.

thanks
Melissa

Mammoth
03-31-2006, 13:34
I like Wal-Mart and Target, especially their clearance areas. A lot of times, I'll get men's anyway because the sales are usually better, and then I just take up the sleeves and legs or roll the waistband for a better fit. If I pay three dollars for a shirt, I don't really mind the extra hassle of tailoring.

shoe
03-31-2006, 13:40
I work at Target. Is there anything specific I should be looking for in regards to backacking.

I've seen some stuff that I thought might work but haven't been really sure.

Mammoth
03-31-2006, 14:50
I look for anything synthetic in the sportswear section. I've had a lot of luck with the sales on Champion brand sportswear for women @ target. Polyester and other synthetics (like polar fleece) pull sweat and moisture away from you, unlike cotton which holds the moisture and will cool you down. Most of my hiking is in cold and wet climates, so synthetics are the best. Just check the tags for the cotton content, I aim for no cotton at all.

shoe
04-01-2006, 00:42
Thanks Mammoth

I will defenitely keep my eyes open for some sales. It shouldn't be too hard since I work there :)

sarbar
04-02-2006, 11:43
Champion was mentioed, which works great!
Also, peruse LLBean, they carry a lot of items in plus sizes..and since their "regular"sizes go to 20, it is great!