PDA

View Full Version : Backcountry bidet

Paladin2
01-21-2022, 18:06
I am intrigued by the concept of using a bidet on the trail. I understand how it might work over a cat hole, but what about in a campsite privy? Wouldn't it get the seat and floor wet?

Slo-go'en
01-21-2022, 22:53
I am intrigued by the concept of using a bidet on the trail. I understand how it might work over a cat hole, but what about in a campsite privy? Wouldn't it get the seat and floor wet?

Good point. I guess you'd have to vacate the privy and go off into the woods to wash your butt crack :) Besides, adding extra water to a composting privy is bad, which is why your requested to pee outside. In a non-composting privy, you want to get out of there ASAP anyway.

chknfngrs
02-12-2022, 00:48
That’s funny, was just thinking today about using my bidet system at the privy in Crabtree Meadows while on the John Muir Trail in 2019. After a week of wildpooping in a hole and burying, was a weird engagement.
But as stated, it’s not a place to hang out for longer than needed.

Deadeye
02-14-2022, 13:59
Why does the name "chkenfngrs" seem somehow appropriate for a backcountry bidet discussion?:-?

I use the bidet in the woods and save the TP for the privies.

JPritch
04-19-2022, 16:20
I've used the Culo Clean in a privy several times and I don't recall much of a mess of water. Perhaps reserve a square of TP to just give the seat a final wipe down when done. Once you go bidet, you never go back. What a great start to the day after relieving yourself AND emerging with a cool clean hiney.