PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Storm Movie - Mt Washington Rescue Filmed in Romania

peakbagger
03-29-2022, 08:00
There is new movie coming out on a odd rescue of a potential suicide victim on the Jewell Trail in Mt Washington. I guess the terrain on Mt Washington was not dramatic enough so the entire movie was filmed in Romania. They apparently did collect some local props that were used in the movie.

Its odd event, an experience S&R hiker was out in winter conditions on solo hike and encountered a poorly equipped hypothermic hiker, she guides/drags him down and when they get to the bottom he drives off. Turns out he was planning to end his life on the mountain and she interrupted the plan.

I wonder how many clueless folks will be hiking the Jewell Trail this summer expecting the views seen in the movie?

Venchka
03-29-2022, 18:43
Most of them.
Wayne

gpburdelljr
03-29-2022, 19:01
Here is an account of what happened.

https://www.outdoors.org/resources/amc-outdoors/features/emotional-rescue/

EDIT: It’s an interesting story, but I don’t see how they could make a whole movie out of it.

JNI64
03-29-2022, 19:23
Most of them.
Wayne

This and what local props were collected?

peakbagger
03-29-2022, 19:27
I have not seen the movie but a PVSAR (Pemi Valley Search and Rescue) patch was used on the actors gear.

Kaptainkriz
03-30-2022, 08:24
I saw this move over the weekend…yeah, looks nothing like the Whites. I thought the movie was a hot mess.

cmoulder
03-30-2022, 09:36
Most of them.
Wayne
Lol, kinda like the scene with the brown bear in "A Walk in the woods"

I was scared, not having known before that there are grizzlies on the East Coast! :rolleyes:

Venchka
03-30-2022, 11:30
It’s all about the money.
No doubt filming in Romania is much less expensive than the USA.
And. The permitting and authorization for filming on government land is no doubt easier.
It’s about the Benjamins. Not the authenticity.
Wayne

cmoulder
03-31-2022, 07:05
Ha, no doubt. Scot Highlands would've looked a lot more like the whites... I guess that wasn't $$ feasible. No doubt they did their research on that and there was nowhere cheaper than Romania.

From Kaptainkriz's review it sounds as if they achieved what they paid for. :o

Venchka
03-31-2022, 07:43
Coming soon to a ROKU stick near you!
Wayne

Kaptainkriz
03-31-2022, 08:38
Looks like it was shot on an iPhone6… :rolleyes:

From Kaptainkriz's review it sounds as if they achieved what they paid for. :o