PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Great Barrington MA

jacob_springsteen
04-22-2022, 12:00
Are there any businesses or otherwise safe place to park a car for 6 days in Great Barrington MA ? If there is a daily charge, not too onerous, that would be OK too.

HankIV
04-22-2022, 22:52
The mosquitoes there are capable of stealing anything, even your mind.

Sorry no idea on parking, just bring a lot of deet in the summer.

Trillium
04-23-2022, 01:07
I parked at the local airport for a section I did a number of years ago. Got a shuttle from a Dad of a previous year thruhiker.

LittleRock
04-25-2022, 12:50
There's a trailhead parking lot on Kellogg Rd, a mile or so north of where the trail crosses Route 7. Local trail angel "Papa Joe" (413-717-0751) shuttles hikers to and from town.

BillyGr
04-28-2022, 10:46
There's a trailhead parking lot on Kellogg Rd, a mile or so north of where the trail crosses Route 7. Local trail angel "Papa Joe" (413-717-0751) shuttles hikers to and from town.

There is also a lot where the trail crosses Route 23 to the east of Great Barrington (probably a bit further from town, though), as the trail itself kind of circles around town and doesn't go too close to it (not like it does farther north where it goes right through towns like Dalton and Cheshire).

I also thought the trail crossed 7 to the north of Kellogg, then ran parallel to the stream along the fields down to it before walking along the road (Kellogg) itself for a bit then crossing another road and back into the woods?