PDA

View Full Version : PA shuttle plug

perrymk
04-25-2022, 14:07
I just finished a slackpack section hike from just south of Carlisle, PA to just north of Duncannon, PA. AT miles 1096.6-1167.6. I used Gary's Shuttle out of Carlisle. He is listed in the WhiteBlaze shuttle list (1132.3Gary’s Shuttle 717-706-2578 / [email protected] Owner; Gary Grant. Based out of Carlisle, PA). Shuttling is all he does and he has 4 vans and a few employees. He focuses on AT hikers and airport shuttles but also takes on others. He mentioned he's has a winery tour lined up for a couple. I was very happy with his service and his reasonable rates. I figure sometimes we need to plug the local businesses when they stand out.

As this is the shuttle and trailhead section, I sent a few trailhead photos to the FarOut app and they posted them within 24 hours. Info on trailheads, especially photos, is very useful to me and I hope mine are useful to others. My vehicle can be seen at 1115.9/Sheet Iron Roof Rd, 1140.8/PA850, and I also sent a photo of the parking area without my vehicle at 1151.6/US22. Not that my vehicle is so special but it offers some idea of the space available. The app mentions parking is available at these waypoints but they do not have the capital P in a circle that some parking areas have when viewing in map mode.