PDA

View Full Version : edible gear?!

sierraDoug
04-01-2006, 18:59
Here's the perfect way to end a carefully scheduled trip to the wilds...

http://www.ediblegear.com/

hikerjohnd
04-01-2006, 19:42
I taped my order to a mental patient about a month ago and still have not received my order. I am beginning to think this isn't for real... Perhaps I should nto have sent cash though...:-?

Tractor
04-01-2006, 21:48
...wait a minute. if one brought these items, shouldn't they hang them all up in bear country?

didn't see any underwear on the website.

wouldn't these items attract bugs? Oh, yes, added protein!

sierraDoug
04-01-2006, 23:21
...wait a minute. if one brought these items, shouldn't they hang them all up in bear country?

Yeah, I think I heard they're still working on the edible bear canister, so for now you really ought to hang them in a tree.

Just Jeff
04-02-2006, 14:23
Well, I guess we hammockers are one step ahead yet again... :-?

Fat Man Walking
04-03-2006, 15:28
:-?

I feel certain that there is probably plenty of salt in them but what other spices do you use to make them taste better?

And, how long do you have to boil it?

Just Jeff
04-03-2006, 18:49
Haha - no, I don't eat my hammock. I was talking about the edible bear cannister. Hammockers make a nice bear burrito (or bear pinata if it's a party), so we're one step ahead in giving the bear a tasty treat.

Though I imagine I'd taste pretty good with some wild blueberries and instant milk. And honey...bears like honey.

Tractor
04-03-2006, 20:22
I'm getting some really bad mental images right now. Smurf Hotpockets, Honey Leki's, Salmon Sweats, Salty Sweaty Balls-o-Twine, Chocolate White Gas Cannisters, Pork Maps, Bandana Daiquiris, Melon Gaiters, Sweet Corn Pads, Gummy Gorp...... Oh. They say I can go out to play now!

gr8fulyankee
04-03-2006, 20:40
bear pinata if it's a party

LMAOROTF

ouch that hurt~!

weary
04-03-2006, 20:55
I suspect this may all be a joke of sorts. But FWIW, it aint very funny. Even Goat is better than this.

Just Jeff
04-04-2006, 00:12
Weary, you're still pretty quick, no matter what BJ says. What gave it away?

sierraDoug
04-04-2006, 01:53
"Question: Aren't animals attracted to equipment made of out food?

Answer: No. Animals aren't stupid. Animals don't consider Edible Gear food. You on the other hand, are clearly smart enough to understand that weight saving takes precedence over everything. As you're choking down your sleeping pad just think to yourself how easy it'll be to heft that pack tomorrow morning with two ounces less weight."

PKH
04-04-2006, 10:08
Yeah, the "animals" bit is definitely my favourite line from this brilliant web site.

Cheers,

PKH

fivefour
04-05-2006, 09:49
Bandana Daiquiris

now you're talking ! just seep them like a tea bag and voila ! instant daiquiri !