PDA

View Full Version : Black Diamond Lighthouse Tent

kevin
04-01-2006, 19:48
Just curious if anyone has used and has some feedback on the Black Diamond Lighthouse.

Panzer1
04-02-2006, 02:02
I haven't used that tent, but I have one of their other tents, the Bibler I-Tent. The company makes good tents. If I had to buy another one of their tents I would get the Lighthouse because it is designed for people over 6 feet tall. I'm 6'1" and in my I-tent I have to sleep diagonally.

Panzer

PS: I hear these tents are now made in China. At $369 for the lighthouse, they don't seem to be passing the savings on to the customer.

neo
04-02-2006, 10:03
i like the looks of this tent better:cool: neo

henry shires new tent

http://www.tarptent.com/rainbow.html

Phreak
04-02-2006, 11:33
The Lighthouse is my favorite winter tent. I bought mine before they started treating the new ones with a fire-retardant. The fire-retardant adds over 6 ounces to the weight of the tent.

The tent has performed well above my expectations. It's very roomy.. enough room for me, my wife and our two dogs.

I spent 4 days in Pisgah back in January, and it was a steady downpour for 37 of the 48 hours we were in camp, and the interior of the tent was completely dry.

I can't think of any drawbacks to this tent. Even condensation hasn't been an issue. Just keep the back window open for cross ventilation.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the tent.

Brian

Panzer1
04-02-2006, 11:41
i like the looks of this tent better:cool: neo
henry shires new tent
http://www.tarptent.com/rainbow.html

I don't particularly like the way the tent looks, but at least it's made in the U.S.A. and at $215 is a reasonable price. I bookmarked the url.
Panzer

kevin
04-02-2006, 18:05
Thanks for the replies. I had the 20% off coupon at REI burning a hole in my pocket and was debating between this and the MSR Fling. Finally decided to go with the Fling (mainly due to the cheaper price).

neo
04-02-2006, 22:11
I don't particularly like the way the tent looks, but at least it's made in the U.S.A. and at $215 is a reasonable price. I bookmarked the url.
Panzer

not much commercial gear is made in usa these days:cool: neo