PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Spots & Friends to visit returning from Canada

trailangelmary
04-02-2006, 04:57
I have the pleasure of being invited on a trip to Canada. It is replacing my annual beach trip. I have taken a week off work and am thinking of making it a scenic AT trip coming home. This will happen in July. If anyone has any ideas or tips on how I might be able to see some views; leave some magic; or visit some fellow trailangels on the way home to Duncannon, PA, it would be greatly appreciated. (i.e. routes to take)

Jaybird
04-02-2006, 09:02
enjoy getting that MOON TAN!:D

section hikin' PEARISBURG to GLASGOW,VA Apr 22-May 3

Askus3
04-02-2006, 21:42
Where in Canada are you coming back from? Can't recommend a route and AT crossing from Montreal area when you are coming from Fundy NP in New Brunswick and returning south via INT 95. Essentially, need more info.

trailangelmary
07-20-2006, 07:33
I am going to Region 6 - Ontario East; Nearest Town - Arden, Ontario; Kirk Kove Cottages at Big Gull Lake

Kerosene
07-20-2006, 08:39
If it's a nice day, take the lift to the summit of Killington Peak. A 270-degree view is just a short rock scramble away.

You can also drive to the summit of Mt. Greylock and Bear Mountain. Sages Ravine is a fairly short walk from the parking lot near the MA/CT border. Pinwheel Vista outside of Vernon, NJ offers a nice view after a steep mile climb (especially nice early in the morning for breakfast). Another option might be to climb Mt. Minsi via the AT and Red Dot Trail on the NJ side of the Delaware Water Gap.