PDA

View Full Version : I am off!

Old Spice
04-02-2006, 14:37
Well folks, tomorrow is the big day. I am getting on a greyhound and heading to Springer. I'll be staying at the hiker hostel Tuesday night and hitting the trail early Wednesday morning. Thanks for all of the camaraderieand info. Couldn't of done it with out you all. Good luck to everyone who are heading out soon, especially you A-Train... Flip Heather and Jamie off for me. Cheers.

Just Jeff
04-02-2006, 15:22
Hope you find everything you're looking for. Enjoy your hike.

GreenMonkee
04-02-2006, 15:34
Good luck Old Spice:) The weather is gettin' nicer by the day, enjoy.

We'll be on our way in 11 days:jumpSee you on the trail.

Hana_Hanger
04-02-2006, 17:24
Aloha Old Spice
Hope you have a great hike.
Will you be keeping a on-line journal for others to follow you and read?

Tinker
04-02-2006, 18:25
Are you doing the Approach Trail? That's the tougest part of Georgia.

Look out for poison ivy vines. They're all over the place.

Stay at the Blueberry Patch for a night if you get the chance, especially if you have Christian roots. The owners are wonderful people.

Finally, when you look up at the ridge beyond the old oak trail just over the border in North Carolina, think of me, and how it wrenched my heart to have to turn around and head back. (I did Georgia as a section last month - Lord, it seems like last year now).

P.S. You're not old. :p

neo
04-02-2006, 19:20
:sun have a great hike,places i am glad i stoped at,rustys,palmerton pa jailhouse hostel,upper goose pond cabin,rob birds in dalton ma,
waynesboro va,president of jetboil's house in hanover nh,any ways have an awesome hike:cool: neo

FatMan
04-02-2006, 19:36
Have a great hike. The weather looks to be spectacular your first couple of days. Enjoy!

Lilred
04-02-2006, 20:11
Have a FANTASTIC time. Say hi to miss Janet for me when you get to Erwin, and definately make her place a stop on your way. Take care and Stay Safe.
\