PDA

View Full Version : Hostel in or near Rangeley?

WStrobel
07-11-2022, 21:55
Anyone know of a good hiker hostel in the Rangeley area? I am doing an 80-mile section next month from Grafton Notch to Route 27 crossing. I see the Hiker Hostel has closed.

Many thanks for any advice.

Warren "Wood" Strobel

Gambit McCrae
07-11-2022, 22:18
I think most stay at the Saddleback Inn or Rangeley Town and Lake.

WStrobel
07-12-2022, 15:02
Many thanks!

HankIV
07-12-2022, 22:49
A longer drive will take you to the Maine Roadhouse on the Rangly Side of Stratton. Top notch. Jen and Jen are the bomb.

WStrobel
07-13-2022, 21:06
FYI, since posting this, I have been in touch with Steve from the Hiker Hut, who says they are still very much in business.

Anyone know of a good hiker hostel in the Rangeley area? I am doing an 80-mile section next month from Grafton Notch to Route 27 crossing. I see the Hiker Hostel has closed.

Many thanks for any advice.

Warren "Wood" Strobel

chef4
07-14-2022, 07:36
FYI, since posting this, I have been in touch with Steve from the Hiker Hut, who says they are still very much in business.

Great place, and they shuttle (or at least did last year). A small operation, very peaceful.

gbolt
07-14-2022, 19:56
That’s awesome! Right off the trail, great egg sandwiches and a very peaceful way to spend a Nero or zero In Rangeley! Steve is a great guy so glad to hear he is still open by his choice!