PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's Hiker Bash....closing tonight

crutch
04-02-2006, 20:38
I just wanted to say thank you to all of the great hikers that came to this years fest. Myself, Solice and Ron had an amazing time and hope that all of you can say the same. We haven't tallied the totals on the meals served, but I would estimate around 500 over the past 4 days. I need to give a special thanks to Baltimore Jack for his assistance on the grill....I needed the break and you saved the day. So thanks Jack. To Lone Wolf, Pirate, Wee Willie, Circuit Rider, Sherlock and Miss Janet.....thanks for all of the laughs and the great conversations, it wouldn't have been the same without all of you.

To all others that attended.......I tip the next beer to you. We are already planning on doing it again next year and Solice and I promise to try and top this years menu.

I look forward to seeing all of you at Trail Days.

Miles and Smiles,

Crutch

P.S. The beer store down the street said that he sold more beer in the past 3 days than he had in the past 3 weeks.

Sly
04-02-2006, 20:49
Shoot... missed another good time. I was going to come down after work but forgot all about it! :mad:

Hoby
04-02-2006, 21:59
Good times, Crutch!.. I was soo tired this morn'n I slept 'til noon!

solace
04-03-2006, 08:04
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanx from myself to all of you who came to Franklin for our 2nd Annual APRIL FOOLS BASH! Myself & Ron Haven started this in 2005, and this years was 3x as big! MANY THANKS to Crutch for being my "Chef in Crime" as we served ALOT of great food to alot of great people! Baltimore - Willy - Pirate - Maula - LoneWolf - Miss Janet - What a thrill to have all of you here.. you have to LOVE HIKER TRASH! Hey LoneWolf.. we'll have some "tuna melts" for lunch next year!

THE 2007 FRANKLIN APRIL FOOLS BASH will be the first weekend of April 2007, THU night, and all day FRI & SAT, possibly SUN as well!?!

For the CLASS of 07.. MAKE PLANS TO BE HERE!!! It's becoming a "MUST" !!!

Lastly.. many cheers to RON HAVEN! I swear this man dropped his halo somewhere! He makes it possible daily for SO MANY HIKERS to continue their hike & is THE DEFINITION of Trail Magic!

Cheers from a thankful Solace ~ REACH FARTHER :)

Skidsteer
04-03-2006, 09:05
THE 2007 FRANKLIN APRIL FOOLS BASH will be the first weekend of April 2007, THU night, and all day FRI & SAT, possibly SUN as well!?!

Lastly.. many cheers to RON HAVEN! I swear this man dropped his halo somewhere! He makes it possible daily for SO MANY HIKERS to continue their hike & is THE DEFINITION of Trail Magic!

Cheers from a thankful Solace ~ REACH FARTHER :)

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=10541&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=1

Ron and staff(Solace, Crutch, et al) are amazing. Thanks, Guys!

galaleemc
04-03-2006, 15:32
Hi All

Frank and I would like to thank Ron for his hospitality Saturday night.

Also thanks to Solace and Crutch for all the good food, let's have a dueling sauce contest next year.

To all the folks reading this - this wasn't just grilled hamburgers and hotdogs - this was five star dining ala Sapphire Inn back-to-back grills.

We enjoyed meeting many more of you "trash" er - folks - HIKERS. We met legendary Miss Janet ( I will send trout dip recipe), Maula (see you Friday), Baltimore Jack, Crutch and that guy from Connecticut ( he was real interesting - he does land trust conservation) and many others.

I will post the string gangs FOOL ATTACK of BJ as soon as possible.

crutch
04-03-2006, 15:38
Hi All

Frank and I would like to thank Ron for his hospitality Saturday night.

Also thanks to Solace and Crutch for all the good food, let's have a dueling sauce contest next year.

To all the folks reading this - this wasn't just grilled hamburgers and hotdogs - this was five star dining ala Sapphire Inn back-to-back grills.

We enjoyed meeting many more of you "trash" er - folks - HIKERS. We met legendary Miss Janet ( I will send trout dip recipe), Maula (see you Friday), Baltimore Jack, Crutch and that guy from Connecticut ( he was real interesting - he does land trust conservation) and many others.

I will post the string gangs FOOL ATTACK of BJ as soon as possible.

Hey Laura,

I'm sitting here with Solace right now.......You're on for the dueling sauces.
Any requests?

Lone Wolf
04-03-2006, 15:45
Great time was had by all. crutch especially had fun. Aint that right tuna?:D Those boys cooked thier asses off while Ron shuttled his ass off. He still had time to give limo rides Saturday night. Thanks for allowing my trash ass to hang out for the weekend.

tiamalle
04-03-2006, 21:39
I just wanted to say thank you to all of the great hikers that came to this years fest. Myself, Solice and Ron had an amazing time and hope that all of you can say the same. We haven't tallied the totals on the meals served, but I would estimate around 500 over the past 4 days. I need to give a special thanks to Baltimore Jack for his assistance on the grill....I needed the break and you saved the day. So thanks Jack. To Lone Wolf, Pirate, Wee Willie, Circuit Rider, Sherlock and Miss Janet.....thanks for all of the laughs and the great conversations, it wouldn't have been the same without all of you.

To all others that attended.......I tip the next beer to you. We are already planning on doing it again next year and Solice and I promise to try and top this years menu.

I look forward to seeing all of you at Trail Days.

Miles and Smiles,

Crutch

P.S. The beer store down the street said that he sold more beer in the past 3 days than he had in the past 3 weeks.As much fun as we had,the
making of friends was the greatest part.Everyone lets plan for the 2007 April 1st hiker fool bash weekend.:banana

galaleemc
04-04-2006, 13:14
You two are the experts - surprize me!

Something to go with lamb or corned beef for our next years St Patty's day.

BW2006
04-04-2006, 14:54
You two are the experts - surprize me!

Something to go with lamb or corned beef for our next years St Patty's day.All good things must end.:mad:

Almost There
04-04-2006, 19:24
Great Times!!! Wanted to thank both LW and Ron for the shuttles this weekend for my section hike. Everyone was awesome!!!

Wolf - 23000
04-05-2006, 00:11
Sorry I couldn't stay,

Wolf