PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new Titanium cook pot.

Heater
04-03-2006, 13:28
Now, EVERY other peice of my gear has suddenly become too heavy!

DOH! :datz

What's up with that? :-?

sleepwalker
04-03-2006, 13:50
Yeah, that illness causes the uncontrollable purchase of a Titanium stove, mug, spork, tent stakes, sunglasses and can lead to an unquenchable desire for carbon fiber trekking poles and tent poles. The only known cure is my wife.:D

hikerjohnd
04-03-2006, 17:38
Yea - do yourself a favor and pitch the scale before it's too late! On the other hand... I have reduced my base weight to 10 pounds... but at what price...

stag3
04-03-2006, 20:54
Hikerjohn has it right...$$$$=light weight. Just how li$$$$$ght do you want to be?

BTW, non-hiking ladies fail to see the humor in the weight loss program:D , especially the spousal type.

fiddlehead
04-03-2006, 20:55
I've found that cheap aluminum cook pots weigh the same as titanium cook pots and boil water faster.

Heater
04-04-2006, 01:05
I've found that cheap aluminum cook pots weigh the same as titanium cook pots and boil water faster.

Well, the one I relaced was an MSR Blacklight. It weighs an ounce more than my new Ti pot and is the same size. I never put a metal utensil in it either. Cheap.

I was looking for an Aluminum replacement but they did not have one that I liked.

The main reason I replaced th MSR is because the cheap Teflon coating started flaking away. Also I never did really like the shape because it was too wide. My new one is deeper, which I like and the teflon is much better I think. It also has the handle ATTACHED and has a frypan for the top.
Also, I bought it from REI so I'll take it back if it gets flakey.
:D

I think this one boils a quicker but that probably has something to do with the better teflon coating. It seems to be thinner but much harder.