PDA

View Full Version : matthewski in damascus

mweinstone
04-08-2006, 10:01
im so happy to be in this town of my childhood dreams.now i feel like a thru hiker. all the way to here was just a warm up and now im doing 18 mile days. all my gear is so good and im in top shape. bigfoot is here with me at the library and coconut monkey,superman and wayfarrer left this morn. this is my third day here cause i want a big rest and its raining hard and im in no rush. im meeting lots of goood folks including wee willy the prince of whales and big un and jolly green giant.im looking for a ride to philly so i can take care of a small emergency and then ill shoot back in about 3 or 4 days.my son is doing bad in school and a payment was late on a credit card and i need to see my mail in order to prevent the loss of my good credit.this will cost me 4 or 5 hundred dollars but must be done. im staying overnite here cause theirs a hope i can resolve these issues with the phone.im hiking with jessica and jason who walked from florida on the florida trail 5 minuts from there house.they are aquablazing the shenendoa river in a canoe!minnisota smith is still big news out here. people report his slow progress and comment on his heavy pack but im here to remind you hes one of my favorite folks out here. hes polite to a fault.hes well read and can disertate on most subjects. and he snores. he is a real hiker with a strong drive and hes put up with alot of crap from others. staying at mount rodgers outfitters hostle witch is so so so much better than the place.cooked a hudge feast last nite includind salad and chicken and bread and fruit. if i must shoot home ,ill log in when i reach damascus on the return trip in a few days. otherwise my next stop is in troutvill.by by!

Mother's Finest
04-08-2006, 10:07
mweinstone, as a philly hiker i respect your opinion of msmith....i may disagree with smith on some issues, but your comments regarding his politeness lead me to believe that heart might be in the right place....
onward to the north, good luck with the homefront and enjoy everyday
peace
mf

Wonder
04-08-2006, 10:13
Rock on Matti.....philly hikers are doin' it up this year~!

mweinstone
04-11-2006, 13:52
i took care of biz and rode my bike and i have a 315 pm departure for merion . ill be back on trail by tommorow nite!so cool coming home for 6 hours. try it. it gives a new vigor and hope to my thru.love ya ll!

minnesotasmith
04-12-2006, 22:20
Thanks for the kind words on me as well.

BTW, how is Nwigi Alosa? Also, what gear changes have you made as your hike has progressed? I'd be interested to hear about them.

mweinstone
04-26-2006, 16:38
hiked from dammascus and staying at the church hostil. trip is great. trip home was 30 hours on bus and 6 hours at home to fix money problems.lost 5 days in damascus but all is good now.treegril is cool and she left northword this morn. also with jason and jessica and freebird and tank and others. all my best to minnisota smith and thanks too to all townsfolk who are great.onward and northword!matthewski out.