PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days - ride sharing information on website?

Local
04-08-2006, 14:33
This is an experiment. There is discussion of sharing rides to Trail Days on at least three forums (WhiteBlaze, Trail Journals, Trail Talk) so another location might not be necessary. However, I would like your ideas on whether to proceed with this experiment or not. I've put a page on the Trail Days website for ride sharing:

http://www.traildays.info/rideshare.html

The format and information are in draft form, and can be changed easily. The process would be simple: if you want a ride or can take someone to Trail Days, just e-mail me a name, contact info, where you are, and when you will leave (or want to leave). I'll post it on the page and individuals can take it from there. So your opinions are welcomed, positive or negative, and the hiker community will determine if this information is added to the website. Thanks.

hikerjohnd
04-08-2006, 23:15
Looks pretty cool - carpooling might help the $2.60/gal fuel costs! Wish I could be there this year!

Local
04-09-2006, 06:05
Thanks for the comment, hikerjohnd. Sorry we won't see you this year at Trail Days.

The new Trail Days website, which has been online for a few weeks, probably won't be changed much between now and mid-May. If anyone has additions or changes they would like to make, let me know: [email protected].

The ride share page referenced above will provide links to forums which discuss getting to Trail Days. We won't try to list names here: this is a volunteer-run site and time is limited.

Thanks to all WhiteBlazers for comments over the past few weeks.

Richard (which has been my real trail name for half a century or so)
www.damascus.org
www.traildays.info
www.vacreepertrail.us