PDA

View Full Version : Good Millinocket Hotel??

brpgsm
04-08-2006, 18:30
Any suggestions on a good hotel in Millinocket? We are goin to drive up and day-hike Big K this summer. We are looking for a good (clean) place, (TV a must for the kids....:o )

thanks

Footslogger
04-08-2006, 18:41
If you've got kids they'd probably enjoy this hotel the most of any in Millinocket:

http://www.katahdininn.com/

'Slogger

MOWGLI
04-08-2006, 18:55
If you've got kids they'd probably enjoy this hotel the most of any in Millinocket:

http://www.katahdininn.com/

'Slogger

I stayed there in 2000 and it was perfect. My 10 year old loved the pool.

Moxie00
04-08-2006, 20:02
I usually stay at the AT Lodge, very basic, quite cheap, and full of thru hikers. No pool, no TV. Pay phone down the street. There are three excellent motels in town with everything you want. The motel in the Indian township between Millinocket and East Millinocket even has a great strip club, With kids I'd suggest either The Atrium, Econo Lodge/ Katahdin Inn,or The Best Western right in town. You might also contact the Chamber of Commerce because several of the area Rafting Companies have really first class places to stay and you might want to combine a really great rafting trip with your hike. New England Whitewater has a 4 star place right outside the town, both for accomidations and food.:welcome to Maine, enjoy, glad to have you visit.

longshank
04-09-2006, 12:28
I usually stay at the AT Lodge, very basic, quite cheap, and full of thru hikers. No pool, no TV. Pay phone down the street. There are three excellent motels in town with everything you want. The motel in the Indian township between Millinocket and East Millinocket even has a great strip club, With kids I'd suggest either The Atrium, Econo Lodge/ Katahdin Inn,or The Best Western right in town. You might also contact the Chamber of Commerce because several of the area Rafting Companies have really first class places to stay and you might want to combine a really great rafting trip with your hike. New England Whitewater has a 4 star place right outside the town, both for accomidations and food.:welcome to Maine, enjoy, glad to have you visit.
Did someone say "strip club"?

brpgsm
04-09-2006, 14:44
thanks for all the great info, no strip clubs for me :rolleyes: the wife may be a bit angered.

thanks again:)

MOWGLI
04-09-2006, 15:19
brpgsm:

One activity we did as a family was pick buckets of blueberries. Depending upon when you get there, the berries could be thick.