PDA

View Full Version : Billville at Trail Days. . .

Jester2000
04-08-2006, 21:39
While many reading the have known about it for a year, it's time to once again officially announce the theme of Billville at Trail Days:

Pirates of the Billvillebbean

So that would involve, I would imagine, eye patches, silly hats, hooks, Jolly Rogers, Jolly Ranchers, cutlasses, pieces of eight, treasure chests, not a small amount of rum, and sex with the cabin boy.

Some additional announcements:
1) The second annual BSR Ridiculous Gear Contest will most likely be held Friday night. There will be another thread on Whiteblaze describing the rules. You do not have to be from Billville to enter. You will, however, be from Billville once you leave.

2) The Ass Contest has been officially retired. It had previously been officially retarded. No word on why, exactly, this contest has ended, except for murmurings that it was "getting the women folk all hot and bothered." Or just bothered.

3) Official Billville gear will once again be made available, although milk will not. T-Shirts: $15; bumperstickers $3 (all proceeds go to the Billville Fund).

Hope to see you all there! Look for the big white tarp!!

Sly
04-08-2006, 23:00
Aye mate! It's rum for the weekend.... but who is the cabin boy?

Local
04-09-2006, 06:12
There may be some "local" entries...

Lone Wolf
04-09-2006, 07:45
There is only 1 Pirate.

Sly
04-09-2006, 11:43
There is only 1 Pirate.

Aye, the rest of us are pretenders!

Lion King
04-09-2006, 16:38
I would like to publically thank Jester for helping me out with the "Walking With Freedom" screening on Friday. He will be at the screening, and for those interested he will have some DVDs to sale, portions of which will go to the Billville 'booty-beer-yo-ho-ho' fund.

I will be on the PCT and will miss my first Trail Days in a very long time...and its pirate themed Billville! Arrrrrrrr! I hate that I will be missing it, the ass contest on the other cheek, is okay if I miss.

Again, I can not thank you enough Jester, as this will ensure I can continue hiking after the end of June.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Have fun yeee scurvy seadogs.

Turbo Joe
04-09-2006, 18:13
would a drunken sailor be appropriate for this theme cause unlike most people i know what to do with a drunken sailor.. just some examples....

1. shave his belly with a rusty razor

2. put him in a longboat till he's sober

3. or put him into bed with the captains daughter

mind you these are only necessary if you find this drunkard early in the morning.

whey hey and up she rises!

Jester2000
04-09-2006, 20:52
4) Give him a pint of Guinness Porter

As far as the REAL Pirate goes, I was hoping he would lead us in pillaging the town (or at least Dot's).

We're still taking applications for cabin boys. . .

StarLyte
04-09-2006, 21:06
Oye-I'll be in tha bawdie wenches section!
Marsha

Cuppa Joe
04-10-2006, 08:46
Sooo!! The half gallon of Captain Morgan's I am bringing will fit in quite nicely :)

Blister
04-13-2006, 16:49
Have a Great Time Mates! Sorry I will also be missing trail daze this year, aarrgghh... Anyways this post coming straight from the CDT - just did the first 60ish mile section from the border - had a couple of dreams about the open sea while walking through the desert. Who will be the first Billvillian to walk the plank?????

Uncle Silly
04-13-2006, 17:16

Now that's just wrong. (Guinness, as real hikers know, is a stout.)

What about
"Give him a pint of a Black-and-tan brew" ?

Lone Wolf
04-13-2006, 18:31
I'm a "real" hiker and I know Guinness is piss.

Footslogger
04-13-2006, 18:39
Sooo!! The half gallon of Captain Morgan's I am bringing will fit in quite nicely :)
================================

Gives all new meaning to the "Half Gallon Challenge"

'Slogger

Lone Wolf
04-13-2006, 18:41
Have a Great Time Mates! Sorry I will also be missing trail daze this year, aarrgghh... Anyways this post coming straight from the CDT - just did the first 60ish mile section from the border - had a couple of dreams about the open sea while walking through the desert. Who will be the first Billvillian to walk the plank?????
The first to walk the plank? Better not be Jack or Trix. They'll break the friggin thing!:eek:

Pirate
04-13-2006, 19:57
There is only one Pirate and I am already here celebrating Trail Daze.

bfitz
04-14-2006, 19:41
Leki peg-leg?

BooBoo
04-16-2006, 02:24
I more than likely won't be coming this year. Its a drain on the wallet plus I'm sick of driving the 1800 mile trip by myself.

Panzer1
04-16-2006, 02:38
I more than likely won't be coming this year. Its a drain on the wallet plus I'm sick of driving the 1800 mile trip by myself.

What are you doing up at 2:24 in the morning anyhow???

Panzer

StarLyte
04-16-2006, 06:05
Gotta a few things to say......

I didn't know Guinness was piss HA HA so I'm gonna bring Lone Wolf some Cleveland brewed down to TD and you can do whatever you'd like with it.....we'll do a taste test on 5 different types okay?....also....I'm not going to get to spend time with Blister again :(....she was a little busy at Winter Warmer-but I'll take lots of pics for her and wish I were in her shoes hiking on CDT.......I know I'm gonna see the 'Slog & Turtle.......wish I were meeting Lion King.....and where in the hell does BooBoo live that he is traveling 1800 miles ?! ........hello Panzer!!! ....... what does "ridin the magic bus" mean under Turbo Joe's name?? :)) Wookie and Island Mama I sure hope I get to yell at ya at Trail Days, we were all very busy at the Southern Ruck this year.......Jester I'm bringing a box of pirate schtuff for ya including that sexy mannequin I was tellin ya about at the Winter Warmer......okay, and at the TOP OF THE LIST......Sly is that your bro in that pic ???? HEE HEE

BooBoo
04-16-2006, 21:11
What are you doing up at 2:24 in the morning anyhow???

Panzer

Well its just 1:24 over here in the Central Time Zone plus its Saturday night in Kansas so there's not much else to do except surf the web.

Starlyte:As it says under my name I live in Galena KS which is approx. 900 miles from Damascus. 900 miles one way equals 1800 miles. If I go it'll be the fourth time I've made this long *ss trek by myself.

StarLyte
04-16-2006, 22:06
Hey BooBoo--guess I wasn't thinking about Kansas being that far--dang---if you were closer to me at any point along the way I would definitely pick you up. You're right, that's a long drive!! I'd be traveling along Interstate 77 from Cleveland Ohio southbound.

I'm sure you will be missed---you never know what might come thru at the last minute though.

Marsha

Turbo Joe
04-18-2006, 22:37

As far as the REAL Pirate goes, I was hoping he would lead us in pillaging the town (or at least Dot's).

We're still taking applications for cabin boys. . .

Isnt guiness a stout?

Turbo Joe
04-18-2006, 22:42
Gotta a few things to say......

what does "ridin the magic bus" mean under Turbo Joe's name?? :)

its a Private organization which must discussed in person with a member but all i know is im sick of driving this damn thing!!!

BooBoo
04-18-2006, 22:56
Perhaps it refers to The Bus known as Furthur.

BooBoo
04-18-2006, 22:57

The Bus stopped by and I got on that's where it all began. There was Cowboy Neal at the wheel on The Bus to never, never land.

Sly
04-18-2006, 23:58

Speaking of Further, I just got the Further CD on Ebay. Includes: Grateful Dead, Rat Dog, Bob Wier/Bruce Hornsby, John Wesley Harding, Los Lobos... great album!

TOW
04-24-2006, 18:17
i had a text conversation with booboo today and he has finally relented and is coming to trail days this year.

now i want you hiker babes to beware, for booboo will be in full strut and ready to make one of you little phillies his woman....once he tags you you can't say no and if your seeing some other old fart you'll just have to tell him to get lost because booboo is your man now........

BooBoo
05-04-2006, 21:51
Well I just had a conversation with my lawyer and he informed me I'm looking at $1,000 in fines etc. No Trail Days for this disappointed bear.

Oh well I'm going to a nearby Festie that weekend and I'll be hanging with a '99 section hiker from Springfield MO

Blister
05-05-2006, 12:51
Where am I and how did I get in this picnic basket???
Howdy folks. About 2/3rds done with New Mexico, alot prettier than I had originally expected. Taking my 2nd zero day since I started today. Staying at the Best Western in Grants room#250. I also have cell coverage. By the way I heard the Mr Tarlin is off the trail??? C'mon we are working on the Billville triple crown in a year thing! Somebody kick him in the behind for me! I am jealous that I will not be witnessing the pirate foolery this year at trail daze. I hope the Billville fund doesn't have to bail anyone outta jail this year! Have a drink for me at Dots!
I got a new bumper sticker for my car; Where the *#%? is Pie Town anyway.
:dance :dance :dance :dance

Jack Tarlin
05-05-2006, 13:22
Actually, I'm looking out the window at Bluff Mountain Outfitters, so I'm not off the Trail at all; it's about two feet away.

And a kick in the ass isn't necessary; I expect to stay in town a few more days and then move on North. I originally had hoped to hike into Damascus for Trail Days; it's starting to look more like I'll be going up from Janet's or Kincora, and then coming back to where I got off and heading out after the weekend, or more properly, after the annual Kincora post-Trail Days work project.

The knee is in pretty horrible shape, but the rumors of my demise are exaggerated.

Glad to hear you're doing so well, keep at it and we'll see you soon.

OH, it looks like Yahoola of all people will be coming to TD, and we will certainly raise a glass in your honor.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-05-2006, 13:36
LWolf, can my little buddy and I bunk at your place? I just know you're gonna love him. He doesn't eat much, I swear, and he's already dressed for the Billville theme. Here's a pic of my buddy. (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Springer.jpg)

Lone Wolf
05-05-2006, 13:38
Yes he is more than welcome. My 2 cats will adore him.

RedneckRye
05-06-2006, 12:41
Just wan to report in from out here in PCT land. Sitting here at Warner Springs, 109 miles north of the Mexican border. A bit stiff from the Sierra Nevada last night, but hiking out later today. Sent a full update to Chomp last night, he will probably send it out to some of you all. Gonna miss all of y'all at Trail Days.

REDNECK