PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Cabin to Spring Mtn Shelter Section

Smile
04-09-2006, 14:23
Can somebody tell me about this section?

Thumper 2006
04-09-2006, 18:09
If you are going from jerry's cabin to spring mountain shelter, its pretty much all downhill. Maybe a few small climbs but not too tough. There are a few parts where you are hiking in meadows but it is almost all in the woods.

Nean
04-09-2006, 20:50
Or if you are going north, most climbs aren't too bad and the trail is nice. Magical things have been known to happen along this stretch and I highly recommend that you take the time to enjoy it.:)

Jester2000
04-09-2006, 20:56
Some of us refer to this stretch as "The Jerry Springer Section."

Smile
04-09-2006, 22:16
Ah ha! Hope it's not TOO Jerry Springer ;-)

I heard there is a really tough rocky ridge climb there complete with cliffs. Read today in somebody's journal that they named this is the toughest section so far, are they way off?
Just curious, thanks for the great replies, will definately make sure I enjoy this section !

Smile
04-09-2006, 22:21
Whoops, I think I meant Jerry Cabin to Low Gap Shelter....

Morning Glory
04-12-2006, 08:57
The area with the cliffs isn't all that bad. I've hiked less than 300 miles of the AT, all in the south, and I can think of quite a few sections that were more difficult. The "cliffs" that were referred to was a section of about 1 mile that is up on an exposed ridgeline. I was up there in November and the weather was beautiful. In rough weather, I can see how this area would be downright scarey and dangerous. There is a bad weather trail that can take you around this section though...but if at all possible, you don't want to miss it because it's beautiful.

Ah ha! Hope it's not TOO Jerry Springer ;-)

I heard there is a really tough rocky ridge climb there complete with cliffs. Read today in somebody's journal that they named this is the toughest section so far, are they way off?
Just curious, thanks for the great replies, will definately make sure I enjoy this section !