PDA

View Full Version : Men's Patagonia Capilene Boxer Shorts

Hana_Hanger
04-09-2006, 23:37
Yes..asking the Ladies if any of you have ever tried these for running or hiking shorts?
I know the men rave about how comfortable these are etc...

They have some on sale in great colors and surf designs at the present you can't even tell they are underwear so I wondered if anyone has tried these before?:o

hammock engineer
04-09-2006, 23:42
Not to intrude and nothing to add, but where is the sale?

Hana_Hanger
04-09-2006, 23:52
Oopps forgot to put in the link...yes I realize this might be a good sale for everyone :)

hthttp://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/PAT0084/Patagonia-Capilene-Silkweight-Boxers-Mens.html

Hana_Hanger
04-09-2006, 23:54
Darn sorry did it again
http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/PAT0084/Patagonia-Capilene-Silkweight-Boxers-Mens.html

Sassafras
04-12-2006, 14:01
My only complaint with them (I wear EMS' version to bed sometimes), is the open fly, which some velcro would take care of, and the snaggability.

If snaggability isn't a word it should be.:p

Hana_Hanger
04-12-2006, 14:50
Thanks...love the new word..Snaggability :)

I will check out EMS what they have to offer also.
I was playing around with the idea that running shorts or even bike shorts maybe easier to hike in....they seem to go on sale more than any other ones.

I just may stick with my lavalava's (cloth worn as skirt) I am use to them and they serve doubleduty as a towel, a liner or blanket, and my silk one I can even wrap around my head as a hat when sleeping.
I may try out one of those hiking skirts now offered.

Thanks for all the great ideas and hints everyone offers here in this forum.
Aloha for now

Yonah Ada-Hi
04-12-2006, 21:58
I wear the Patagucci Capilene boxers daily. I swear by them for daily wear and have been thinking about sewing shut the fly on a pair or two for section hiking in warm weather, say 55F or higher. I will report on the results.

orangebug
04-13-2006, 12:47
Probably off topic, but I was just imagining if a guy offered a discussion of wearing women's underwear while hiking....

From the discussion, I'd suggest looking at running shorts as they offer low friction, no fly, adequate "cover", and very good comfort.

Footslogger
04-13-2006, 12:52
Not sure if they still are made ...but if you're interested in the Pataguchi's take a look at the REI "mesh" ones. Same support with much better ventillation.

'Slogger

Hana_Hanger
04-13-2006, 14:27
I wear the Patagucci Capilene boxers daily. I swear by them for daily wear and have been thinking about sewing shut the fly on a pair or two for section hiking in warm weather, say 55F or higher. I will report on the results.

Thanks I think I will try a pair then
Yes for warm weather that is what I wanted them for.:sun

Also the running shorts and REI mesh ones...Thanks everyone.

Almost There
04-13-2006, 14:30
Probably off topic, but I was just imagining if a guy offered a discussion of wearing women's underwear while hiking....

From the discussion, I'd suggest looking at running shorts as they offer low friction, no fly, adequate "cover", and very good comfort.

OB, is there something you want to share with us:eek: ?!?:jump

orangebug
04-14-2006, 16:14
Well, I have heard of guys wearing pantyhose as a strategy to reduce friction.

Not that there is anything wrong with that!